Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 2013-02-18, 11:35
hamst3rf1sh's Avatar
hamst3rf1sh hamst3rf1sh is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
Sounds like soundtrack work... I can totally imagine this being in a suspense movie or something!
Thanks a lot. That's a large part of the reason I'm using so many Foleys in it. I'm considering doing bespoke music for people so I'm trying to bolster my skill sets
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…


SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
  #12  
Old 2013-02-18, 11:37
hamst3rf1sh's Avatar
hamst3rf1sh hamst3rf1sh is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastoreric View Post
Recycling at its finest...way to use every element with "Reason!"
Logical Pocket compositions, now with added Tungsten
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…


SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
  #13  
Old 2013-02-18, 22:45
ecopro's Avatar
ecopro ecopro is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,996
A totally unique & experimental experience. Haven't heard anything like this. Well done dude!
__________________
A new day is coming...
  #14  
Old 2013-02-18, 23:07
MirrorEyes's Avatar
MirrorEyes MirrorEyes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 842
Cool ambient track

Played the Balalaika when I was a kid in the school band UK not Russia, I had gear lust even then, I wanted to play the 4 string Domra instead LOL.
  #15  
Old 2013-02-19, 09:26
hamst3rf1sh's Avatar
hamst3rf1sh hamst3rf1sh is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopro View Post
A totally unique & experimental experience. Haven't heard anything like this. Well done dude!
Thanks a lot eco!
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…


SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
  #16  
Old 2013-02-19, 09:33
hamst3rf1sh's Avatar
hamst3rf1sh hamst3rf1sh is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorEyes View Post
Cool ambient track

Played the Balalaika when I was a kid in the school band UK not Russia, I had gear lust even then, I wanted to play the 4 string Domra instead LOL.
Of course it's not how many strings you have, but what you do with them. Where abouts in the UK were you at the time? I was lucky to get my hands on anything more exotic than a recorder when I was at school
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…


SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
  #17  
Old 2013-02-23, 03:36
MirrorEyes's Avatar
MirrorEyes MirrorEyes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 842
Gorton Manchester, was some kind of short lived music initiative they had in poor areas, spurred on by enthusiastic volunteers, was pretty unusual and looking back I was lucky to be a part of it at such a young age, considering how neglected Music was and still is in state schools. We ended up on local TV and performed at The Royal Northern College of Music, I know big time LOL, it's all been downhill since then and sadly I've not picked one up since.
  #18  
Old 2013-02-23, 10:39
hamst3rf1sh's Avatar
hamst3rf1sh hamst3rf1sh is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorEyes View Post
Gorton Manchester, was some kind of short lived music initiative they had in poor areas, spurred on by enthusiastic volunteers, was pretty unusual and looking back I was lucky to be a part of it at such a young age, considering how neglected Music was and still is in state schools. We ended up on local TV and performed at The Royal Northern College of Music, I know big time LOL, it's all been downhill since then and sadly I've not picked one up since.
That's cool man. I actually currently live with a guy from Gorton - in fact the reason I have access to a balalaika is that he studies Russian. This regularly proves to be quite a small world indeed.

Still that's pretty cool as opportunities go, all of the initiatives in my schools have been provided by external private companies so it seems you struck it lucky.
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…


SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
  #19  
Old 2013-02-23, 12:21
Ottostrom's Avatar
Ottostrom Ottostrom is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 203
What did you use to record the glass and the balaika? Love this tune! Would be an awesome tune in a indie adventure point and click
  #20  
Old 2013-02-23, 12:44
hamst3rf1sh's Avatar
hamst3rf1sh hamst3rf1sh is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottostrom View Post
What did you use to record the glass and the balaika? Love this tune! Would be an awesome tune in a indie adventure point and click
Just used my housemates XLR mic combined with balance. Cheers for the feedback man.

I use to love the old point and clicks, particularly the broken sword games (they always had fantastic scores)

Really love the chilled out style of your tracks! They're very accomplished indeed.
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…


SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:43.