Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-02-23, 12:59

ReDrum II

Hi,

I've always found it difficult to program more complex patterns in ReDrum, because you can only see one drum at the time.

Wouldn't this be a great and easy idea to have a better overview of the patterns?:

Is Propellerhead developing anything new or are they letting Third party RE-developers do all the job and let us users pay?
Old 2013-02-23, 13:13

Very nice graphics there; it gets your point across well. I’ll take a wild guess that nothing (i.e., absolutely nothing) will be done to the ReDrum since it stands more in a Hall of Fame category when compared to ReFills and REs; and of course, the reverse compatibility jazz for older Reason versions.
Old 2013-02-23, 13:19

Thanks,

But wouldn't this be rather easy to do as an upgrade in at newer version, and still have it backwards compatible? I meen, the 10 tracks is "inside" Redrum, this layout just shows them all.
Old 2013-02-23, 13:24

Good point. I support your idea if the coding etc. is straightforward to implement. Regardless of what may happen, you did a darn good job of getting the concept across.
Old 2013-02-23, 13:31

Thanks.
Of cause other things could be imnplemented, such as 32 steps visible on one screen and much more features, but then there might be a problem with the Compatibility.
Old 2013-02-23, 15:04

oh no ^^ it's so ugly ^^

for me redrum 2 : 128 step 12 channel, all tweek on all channel (tone pitchrate ...) une other section x cut x (for hit hat, djembe, darbouka...)

an analog section for virtual autonomous Kong must not use (I'm more a user TRx0x,) for all channel

a multi preset possiblility , chain pattern section

a browser specific

main out, amb out a sidechain chain out with de 1 and two out

more cv control

AND a intregrate groove mixer !!! or assign direct on the groove mixer by channel

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH !
Old 2013-02-23, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrF69 View Post
oh no ^^ it's so ugly ^^

for me redrum 2 : 128 step 12 channel, all tweek on all channel (tone pitchrate ...) une other section x cut x (for hit hat, djembe, darbouka...)

an analog section for virtual autonomous Kong must not use (I'm more a user TRx0x,) for all channel

a multi preset possiblility , chain pattern section

a browser specific

main out, amb out a sidechain chain out with de 1 and two out

more cv control

AND a intregrate groove mixer !!! or assign direct on the groove mixer by channel

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH !

I agree. I could also use a more advanced ReDrum, but my attempt was to make a device that where 100% back compatible, so when you open your old projects, they will fit right in.
Old 2013-02-23, 16:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thhedk View Post
I agree. I could also use a more advanced ReDrum, but my attempt was to make a device that where 100% back compatible, so when you open your old projects, they will fit right in.
What about pop up windows for rack instruments then this would be a simple case of

click button
New window appears with all sequencer tracks/alternative parameters displays etc
Like this

You could do the same with the matrix, click and it becomes bigger on the screen which would make it much easier to enter patterns.

Just do something props :P At this point any dramatic change in the way I interact with reason would be fantastic.
Old 2013-02-23, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thhedk View Post
Hi,

I've always found it difficult to program more complex patterns in ReDrum, because you can only see one drum at the time.
YES!!! I love it... I never thought of that. I really hope they do that.
Old 2013-02-23, 17:37

+ 1 , to make this now you need a combi and 10 redrum wich is not handy and take time .
this would be cool and more usefull to me then just one raw of one !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !