Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-23, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by laCandela View Post
99.9 percent samples

I use Reason synth in many songs to add some subsonic bass and/or bass line but I have no allegiance to any particular synthesizers.... Rob Papen's bass synth sounds really nice but it's hard to justify spending any money on bass right now.. If I didn't have synth in Reason I would just use samples to get the same result.

There have been times when I've used synth for drum sounds to, which is always fun.

As far as live instrumentation goes though, I love playing keys with a drummer and bass player. Sequencing in Reason is something I don't tend to get into.
It's interesting how many different approaches people take in regards to producing. I've started sampling my decks recently and I must say, I am quite enjoying the result.

I've been trying to emulate the lovely crackle you always have on your tracks

SC: https://soundcloud.com/dubious

If you want to collab, reach me at:
alacey1989@hotmail.com
https://twitter.com/LogicalPocket

Logical Pocket - Music fueled by biscuits.