Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-03-01, 14:08

Angry Why!? is IS PITCH and Velocity SEPERATED from the other automations?

Please Propellerehad take a hard look at the layout! I find it extremly enoying that i the "pitc" and "Velocity" is seperated from the other automations!

Also give us the give us the possibility to minimize the Velocity things that we do not use. There is many of those smal thin that can be enoying.

I spend many our everyday in my studio and the reason why im sharing this is because i care and whant Reason to be the best program ever.

Listen to us customers and please fix all those choises. Give us mor opurtunity to chose how we whant the layout to be, because it IS important!

Greate love/FogstridEr

Old 2013-03-01, 14:11

Hm. I'd say the answer is "because one is strictly midi data and the other is automation data". Like in Logic you also have the automation and the Hyper Editor.
Old 2013-03-01, 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogstridEr View Post
give us the possibility to minimize the Velocity things that we do not use.
I use that in every midi track....
Old 2013-03-01, 17:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogstridEr View Post
Also give us the give us the possibility to minimize the Velocity things that we do not use. There is many of those smal thin that can be enoying.
Just put your mouse on the edge of the lane and it will change into a different kind of cursor. Then you can drag it down until the velocity lane disappears.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-01, 17:41

An analysis, another view and a solution, isn't the PUF a lovely place?
Old 2013-03-01, 17:49

Indeed it can be

This brings up a good point though... folks should probably not always immediately jump to the conclusion that Reason doesn't have X feature or can't do Y thing. Better to ask in the forum "How can I do _________" or "Is it possible to __________" since the odds are very good that someone will be able to tell you how to do it.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-01, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
Indeed it can be

This brings up a good point though... folks should probably not always immediately jump to the conclusion that Reason doesn't have X feature or can't do Y thing. Better to ask in the forum "How can I do _________" or "Is it possible to __________" since the odds are very good that someone will be able to tell you how to do it.
You know, most people.. they know this Deep within. And they actually use this knowledge, subconsciously or not, but exactly not as you intend it
Old 2013-03-01, 18:03

Thank you vanKloot for the advice but that is not really my point. I think it is unnecessary that i have to find that very "edge" so that i can minimize it everytime i go into the Edit mode. And it is always a complication if i work around with the pitch aswell.

So then again. Why not put it into the same as all the other automations?
Old 2013-03-01, 18:49

I must not be understanding your request. Every parameter in Reason gets its own lane for automation where applicable. Pitch bend and velocity are no exceptions to this. Why would it be any different? When you say "the same as all other automations", I believe it *is* the same. Can you explain the request in a bit more detail?

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-01, 19:55

Yes. Just look at th picture. The pitch and Velocity does not goes in the same sektion as all other automations.

The thing is that it woud be easier to overwiev the whole thing if pitch and Velcocity where the same as the automation (not seperated)

I can truly understand that Velocity is seperated because of the (midi)
but it woud be nice if the PITC coud be as automation and NOT as a note clip.