Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-02-28, 23:47

Thumbs up

Thanks Normen! Nice work on both the drums and the guitar combinators.
I feel like I'm 13 years old again, having bought this album when it was released and also getting my first electric guitar for my birthday that same year.

Boom 808 Percussion Synth - Tick Tick Step Sequencer - Antidote - Polysix - Buffre - Pulsar - Uhbik A - Uhbik D - Resampler - Glitch Effect - Rough Rider - Saturation Knob - Audiomatic Retro Transformer - RE 180 Dynamic Driver - Morfin XF Crossfader - CV Suite Line Processor - WBL5515 - WBL3001 - ReMark Rack Divider - Scope CV and Audio Oscilloscope
Old 2013-02-28, 23:48

Nice to see you worked with Paul Di'Anno. I've always been a huge Maiden fan... especially with Di'Anno on vocals.

Boom 808 Percussion Synth - Tick Tick Step Sequencer - Antidote - Polysix - Buffre - Pulsar - Uhbik A - Uhbik D - Resampler - Glitch Effect - Rough Rider - Saturation Knob - Audiomatic Retro Transformer - RE 180 Dynamic Driver - Morfin XF Crossfader - CV Suite Line Processor - WBL5515 - WBL3001 - ReMark Rack Divider - Scope CV and Audio Oscilloscope
Old 2013-02-28, 23:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by djresonator View Post
Nice to see you worked with Paul Di'Anno. I've always been a huge Maiden fan... especially with Di'Anno on vocals.
Before it becomes a legend I'll say that it was a gig in a small club once and the connection was through the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by djresonator View Post
Thanks Normen! Nice work on both the drums and the guitar combinators.
I feel like I'm 13 years old again, having bought this album when it was released and also getting my first electric guitar for my birthday that same year.
Thanks for the input, that is truly an ennoblement

Last edited by normen; 2013-03-01 at 00:57.
Old 2013-03-01, 00:49

just downloaded them, stellar job! and thanks!
Old 2013-03-01, 03:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzface View Post
just downloaded them, stellar job! and thanks!
Cheers! It was and still is fun to do
Old 2013-03-01, 14:53

Haha, I just realized I "forgot" one of @Seligs "Curves" in the master, already with unbiased target and some test setting and whatnot.. I realized earlier I had some funny dynamics issues going but I completely didn't think of this one xD

Kudos @Selig, when I took it out I had to work with some "meh, sounds cleaner but worse somehow" issues

Updated the demo reason song file to only use Reason internal plugins

Last edited by normen; 2013-03-01 at 16:10.
Old 2013-03-04, 17:03

Thank you Normen.
Here I have been waiting for. you have blown me off my chair. Here I want more of.
It's a FANTASTIC sound. Thank you
How to make a sound like Neil Young.

dE.niz
Old 2013-03-04, 17:50

OMFG man - this is awesome!!! I used to have "Out of the Cellar" and "Invasion of Your Privacy" on vinyl, and one of them was a limited edition (can't remember which) with a pair of girl's panties wrapped around the album cover. Ahhhhhh the 80's, how I miss thee...
Old 2013-03-04, 19:12

Hey thanks guys, really appreciate it, especially when it almost matches early memories, thats big

@denisjamers: Idk, get his drummer I'd say

On a serious note, if I wasn't so busy at work atm I'd have already uploaded another similar combi pack I am working on. When I get to that I'll run a poll alongside asking for interest in more such "style packs" and if theres even interest in me putting more work into these and maybe charging a small fee in return. Then I'd run idea collection posts and polls for type and finally band/album.. If I wasn't doing like 100 things already in my spare time I'd love to invest more time in Reason and its community
Old 2013-03-04, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by normen View Post
Hey thanks guys, really appreciate it, especially when it almost matches early memories, thats big

@denisjamers: Idk, get his drummer I'd say

On a serious note, if I wasn't so busy at work atm I'd have already uploaded another similar combi pack I am working on. When I get to that I'll run a poll alongside asking for interest in more such "style packs" and if theres even interest in me putting more work into these and maybe charging a small fee in return. Then I'd run idea collection posts and polls for type and finally band/album.. If I wasn't doing like 100 things already in my spare time I'd love to invest more time in Reason and its community
Hey Normen,

I'd be really happy to cut the final cord I've got to Logic and use only Reason for guitars.

If you had combis to give the sound of:

Master of Puppets-era Metallica
Rammstein (especially Sehnsucht)
Polished 80's pop guitar like Van Halen's album 1984
Light-distorted guitars like New Order use in Low Life or Power, Lies and Corruption.

I would be more than happy to pay some money for it!

Loading SoundCloud…