Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-11-15, 20:11

I have the same issue. i still do not have a single solution for the matter. its frustrating that there is no POC for the company.
Old 2012-11-15, 20:33
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgoerlich View Post
I have the same issue. i still do not have a single solution for the matter. its frustrating that there is no POC for the company.
Of course there's a point of contact! https://www.propellerheads.se/support_area/ — scroll down to "E-mail support".
Old 2013-02-26, 16:30

well,

doesn't work on my asus k55vm either on win7 x64, which has 2 usb3 ports and one usb2. neither one works.I don't know what to do.
Old 2013-02-26, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsub View Post
doesn't work on my asus k55vm either on win7 x64, which has 2 usb3 ports and one usb2. neither one works.I don't know what to do.
Assuming you have the latest 1.1.0 drivers installed, then I would contact Propellerhead tech support...
Old 2013-02-27, 22:32

Well, I did, they were nice enough to explain the situation with usb2 and usb3 to me, but in the meantime I switched to win8 where it works in every port, but I don't want to stay on win8. I switched back to win7 and tried the usb2 port. won't work. I wrote them again, awaiting answer. Anyway, what I find interesting is that not only does audio not work, but every video, be it a media player or just youtube, seems to play in slo-mo. can it be a directx problem or some sort of conflict with the graphics card, maybe?
Old 2013-03-06, 14:03

Ok, so I figured it out. After trying virtually EVERYTHING, even running it through Asio4all, as suggested by the Propellerheads tech support email, I tried uninstalling the Intel USB driver from my laptop's cd and the usb2 port started working. So, if you're having problems getting sound from usb2 ports in win7 forget about the "install all the latest drivers for your ps" routine. I did a clean win7 install, downloaded all the drivers from ASUS website, didn't work. Everything that's usb related, leave it out, let Windows handle it. Hope this helps.
Old 2013-03-06, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsub View Post
Ok, so I figured it out. After trying virtually EVERYTHING, even running it through Asio4all, as suggested by the Propellerheads tech support email, I tried uninstalling the Intel USB driver from my laptop's cd and the usb2 port started working. So, if you're having problems getting sound from usb2 ports in win7 forget about the "install all the latest drivers for your ps" routine. I did a clean win7 install, downloaded all the drivers from ASUS website, didn't work. Everything that's usb related, leave it out, let Windows handle it. Hope this helps.
That's fantastic news; good to hear you got things sorted. So it was a bad USB driver provided by Intel? Nice. It's amazing that we've finally arrived at a day where Windows can offer a better stock driver for something!
Old 2013-03-06, 19:36

yeah, that's the reason it didn't even cross my mind to try that, lol
Old 2013-06-01, 11:00

i also have no sound on usb3+win7. deeply disappointed. i hope there is a fix planned.
Old 2013-06-01, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelmasher View Post
i also have no sound on usb3+win7. deeply disappointed. i hope there is a fix planned.
This is a known issue:

From the Balance FAQ

Quote:
USB connection problems on Windows
Some users have reported that Balance doesn’t work in their USB 3.0 ports. Try switch to one of the USB 2.0 -ports instead, you usually have both. If you at first don’t insert the USB cable firmly enough, and then adjust it, Windows and Mac OS might believe it’s a USB 1.0-device you have connected. The LED.s on Balance will then blink, and Windows will let you know it’s a “low speed device”. If that happens, unplug the cable just to plug it back in (firmly, this time).
It has been mentioned that this is due to Microsoft's implementation of USB 3 under Windows 7. They re-wrote the USB code for Windows 8 and Balance works with USB 3 in that OS. As this is a Windows problem, it is highly unlikely that Microsoft will fix it now that W8 has been released.

I assume from what you posted, that you do not have any USB 2 ports on you computer.

If you are using a Desktop PC, then you can always buy a PCI/PCI-E USB 2 card and connect Balance to that.

....Or you can upgrade to Windows 8, where things just work. In my experience Windows 8 is also faster and extremely stable.