Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-07, 07:56

Detach Reason Rack to iPad screen!!!

Detach Reason Rack to iPad screen!!!

This has been my biggest beef with Reason from the very beginning. I'm sick and tired of trying to find a all-in-one-midi keyboard that can control the devices on the rack to there full-potential.

If I want to create a sound from scratch, from Idea to Sound, for example on a Subtractor I really feel like using a mouse to click'n'drag the controls is very tedious to use the oscillators, filters, envelopes, and modulation to finish making a sound.

I've been a loyal Reason customer since 2003 and I can tell you this is the biggest downfall of Reason. I've always felt a disconnect from the device on the rack, even as going as far to find a trying to find a midi-device to re-create and physically & mentally connect with the device on the rack as if I physically had the device in person only to come up short.

With the iPad being on the market for almost 3 years and Propellerhead creating apps for iOS released onto the App Store there is no reason (no pun intended) what so ever that Propellerhead can not create an iOS app that is a detached extension of the Reason Rack where you can control and focus on a specific device selected from the rack (and/or sequencer) and move the knobs and sliders that sync in real-team with your Mac &/or PC as if the device was physical in front of you creating a more realistic touch experience. In theory this would also make it easier to record parameter changes on to the sequencer as you record the parameter changes from you detached reason rack on your iPad.

The closet alternative I have found so far that comes close to what I'm looking for is TouchOSC with RetouchDuo 3.0 layout. But there are a couple of problems, 1) it does not "sync" , more like a one way control; 2) the layout is pretty close to what the device looks like but it would be nice if the devices looked exactly like the device graphic template on the actuall Reason Rack; 3) if Propellerhead executed a detached Reason Rack on iOS iPad, One could speculate it would be the closet to hands-on device approach

Thank you for reading!!!

Last edited by olivus; 2013-03-07 at 08:01.
Old 2013-03-07, 11:48

Exactly this would be it! 100% Agree!!

I had a look at the Nektar Panorama P4, and the new P1 - but i still would prefer a touchscreen-compatible Remote for Reason.

Please, Propellerheads!!!!
Old 2013-03-07, 12:00

I also agree they have an unique option to do something very special with the iPad. I was suggesting an even deeper connection to the iPad for a while now, I outline that here for example: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...1&postcount=21
Old 2013-03-07, 20:17

yeah, that would be pretty funky.

but then, of course, i'd have to splash out on an ipad. which is a drag.

of course, i could pinch my 4 yr old daughter's....
Old 2013-03-08, 02:23

I can see it now: "Daddy, when can I play with the iPad?"

Using your daughter's iPad to control your devices on the Reason Rack: Priceless.
Old 2013-03-26, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaamook View Post
yeah, that would be pretty funky.

but then, of course, i'd have to splash out on an ipad. which is a drag.

of course, i could pinch my 4 yr old daughter's....
The Mini will do anything and everything the regular ipad will do for less $$$.

Just a thought.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:05

I use my ipad for everything . Even typing this . I would,love to integrate it with reason
Old 2013-03-26, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyanlotto View Post
I use my ipad for everything . Even typing this . I would,love to integrate it with reason
I just purchased ReTouch version 3.0, it's pretty impressive.

I'm sure something from Propellerhead would be better, but this is not bad at all.