Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-06, 10:36

Reason Crash

Yeasterday, for the first time in three years , I managed to get the application to crash. I had changed many of the parameters in Thor, had set the sequencer to run, and had set a very short dalay rate. When exporting a short loop to an audio file, the progress meter hung at Bar 4. I attempted to close down after 20 or so seconds. I waited several minutes, then forced the application to close.

I have found Reason to be one of the most stable applications I have run on several different machines with Windows XP through to Windows 7.

Thor was not designed to self run and I am probably pushing the boundaries out too far by getting it to do so, but I wanted to let Reason behave as a very young group of garage musicians would behave. May the Saints pray for me!
Old 2013-03-07, 16:50

Useful Information - hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyggy View Post
Yeasterday, for the first time in three years , I managed to get the application to crash. I had changed many of the parameters in Thor, had set the sequencer to run, and had set a very short dalay rate. When exporting a short loop to an audio file, the progress meter hung at Bar 4. I attempted to close down after 20 or so seconds. I waited several minutes, then forced the application to close.

!
I have found out why the export to an audio file hung. I had installed Soundtap which was loading the cpu around 50%. Microsoft have removed access to streaming audio in Windows 7 professional. Soundtap puts it back but at a cost of slowing-down the computer.