Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-13, 01:21

Reason 7: Midi out in Rewire?

I'm very very happy about the features in the upcoming Reason 7. I always wanted busses, Save to rex loop and especially midi out. With all the cv modifying RE's I'm really excited about using them to sequence my external instruments. Also I'm guessing the midi out device works sending midi out to my Rewire host?. I guess I would just select the correct midi device in my host track. It would be excellent if it can sequence my Vst's and AU's with Reason. Always wanted to be able to do that.
Old 2013-03-13, 01:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponknasty View Post
I'm very very happy about the features in the upcoming Reason 7. I always wanted busses, Save to rex loop and especially midi out. With all the cv modifying RE's I'm really excited about using them to sequence my external instruments. Also I'm guessing the midi out device works sending midi out to my Rewire host?. I guess I would just select the correct midi device in my host track. It would be excellent if it can sequence my Vst's and AU's with Reason. Always wanted to be able to do that.
The only hope for that is if Reason becomes the Rewire host. At this stage there's no word if v7 will do that or not.

There are now workarounds, however. Meaning you can now use MIDI to control another DAW hosting VSTs and route the audio to Reason's inputs via your soundcard or driver.
Old 2013-04-11, 10:07

will this work in Reason 7