Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-03-14, 15:12

Unhappy Will Reason 7 fix the file update issue?

Still living with this problem! Will it go away with version 7?
I found a solution - just make your file ReadOnly! It works - but has something of a downside. ;-)
Actually, I thought I'd solved the problem of using more than one computer to run Reason. I actually might work on a project on any of 3 computers - my home desktop (which has the dongle permanently fitted), my home laptop, and my work computer (lunchtime only, honest).
I now use online storage, and have synchronised my Reason folders on the 3 computers. This this would appear to get me over the confusion and very real danger of reverting to an earlier version, as the most recent version should end up on all 3 machines. I'm not completely convinced that the system's foolproof, and there's another issue... each time I simply view a file in Reason, SpiderOak (my online storage) sees a change in the file and uploads it. This brings me to my second gripe about the file size of Reason files containing audio data which is vastly disproportionate to the size of the inserted audio files.
Anyone out there got any similar experience?