Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 2013-03-17, 18:33
normen's Avatar
normen normen is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
Then they go to other forums and crush Reason because you can't have constructive criticism on any part of the PHEAD forum period with out the cult members coming around and shooting down all suggestions.
Simply not true, constructive criticism is taken very well around here. Whats not taken well is exactly the attitude you present here.
__________________
Plugin latency issues? Phasing on parallel channels? Want to know the real latency of your audio interface? Try the VMG-01!
Professional Audio Engineer at Theater Bremen, Germany • Part Time Programmer
  #32  
Old 2013-03-17, 18:42
bigant's Avatar
bigant bigant is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by normen View Post
Simply not true, constructive criticism is taken very well around here. Whats not taken well is exactly the attitude you present here.
I disagree,all the proof you need is right in this thread,look at the attacks and sarcasm VANKLOOT had to endure,ie being called lazy,being told that he just don't get the idea type BS,when in-fact he is the one who's right,just because he made a simple suggestion.
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by bigant; 2013-03-17 at 18:45.
  #33  
Old 2013-03-17, 19:07
normen's Avatar
normen normen is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
I disagree,all the proof you need is right in this thread,look at the attacks and sarcasm VANKLOOT had to endure,ie being called lazy,being told that he just don't get the idea type BS,when in-fact he is the one who's right,just because he made a simple suggestion.
Thats the way you read it. But Dave909 didn't have to censor himself like you had to, see what I mean?
Maybe he's somehow on a misconception here but he is very open to discussion without going off topic and asking about the opposites references or something, isn't he?
__________________
Plugin latency issues? Phasing on parallel channels? Want to know the real latency of your audio interface? Try the VMG-01!
Professional Audio Engineer at Theater Bremen, Germany • Part Time Programmer
  #34  
Old 2013-03-17, 19:53
vanKloot's Avatar
vanKloot vanKloot is offline
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,190
I think it's more a question of appropriate behavior. (Un?)fortunately that is a subjective concept and differs from person to person.

Myself, I find it in poor taste to tell someone they are lazy or wrong for wanting to do something a particular way that is different from what you want. Especially if you don't have some actual data-based evidence to suggest that there is a problem caused by that other person's approach.

In this case, someone who appears to not understand physical mixing consoles and the challenges that can sometimes arise while working with them, was insulting those who actually have this knowledge for their approach to solving the issue(s) at hand.

To me, this is in poor taste and is an immature and inappropriate response to the situation. But that's me. Someone else will not see what I saw in it at all, and they are not wrong. We're all right. And we're all wrong.

We're all unique. Just like everyone else.
__________________
I've decided to get serious about my music again at last.
So go ahead... ask me how my new album is coming!

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI



Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
  #35  
Old 2013-03-17, 21:21
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by normen View Post
Yes, you mix the sound sources at some point, so its at least the addition of all samples. For a group you only control the volume which is done anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
+1 for all this - I still feel the simplest solution is to combine bus tracks, fader groups, and edit groups in one "group". In Pro Tools there are options to separate these, but 99% of the time I use them as a whole, and this would GREATLY simplify the interface for these features. I'm not sure others feel the same way, but it's a logical grouping of functions IMO, especially if there's a quick override for the function so you can adjust individual channels/tracks when necessary.

For example, all drum tracks would feed a sub-mix master channel, would have their individual faders linked, and would be grouped for editing in the sequencer (with an option to globally and temporarily disable fader/edit groups). Add to this the ability to hide the individual tracks in the group to allow working with just the sub-mix master channels in the mixer, and you'd cover 99% of my needs for these features.

Others (including joeyluck above) have mentioned the idea of a quick group, which I also like. This would function by first selecting a range of tracks, then when moving one of the controls with a modifier key(s), and all selected track's controls would move as well. This could work on any mixer control, not just faders. :-)
But Grouping tracks in a bus (not gouping faders) will be the the same as we do when we put each tracks in a mixer ?!?
If yes it will save time from doig the cables work and still let each volume free to be change but with a fader for the all group ??? Right ????? a bit like cubase ?????
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !

Last edited by charlycharlzz; 2013-03-17 at 21:23.
  #36  
Old 2013-03-17, 22:20
vanKloot's Avatar
vanKloot vanKloot is offline
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,190
Yes, genuine busing as appears to be in R7 is extremely helpful and much needed, I doubt very many people would disagree there.

But it's not the only "grouping" capability that matters. Selecting multiple faders to manipulate them together is also incredibly useful.

Imagine for a moment on a physical mixing console, that you couldn't move more than one fader at a time. You could move them all, but only one by one. What a pain that would be! And it's much the same in Reason. Sure you can get a physical controller and map faders to those in Reason (I have several options for doing this) but then you're manually changing the precise balance between each fader, and it would be far better to just select multiple objects (faders) and manipulate at once. This fits standard computing UI guidelines and would be a tremendous productivity booster IN ADDITION to proper buses.
__________________
I've decided to get serious about my music again at last.
So go ahead... ask me how my new album is coming!

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI



Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
  #37  
Old 2013-03-17, 22:24
selig's Avatar
selig selig is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
But Grouping tracks in a bus (not gouping faders) will be the the same as we do when we put each tracks in a mixer ?!?
If yes it will save time from doig the cables work and still let each volume free to be change but with a fader for the all group ??? Right ????? a bit like cubase ?????
The differences that have been revealed by Ludvig are that solos and sends will work more as you expect. With v7.0, you can solo just the group channel and hear the entire group, or you can solo just an individual channel in the group and hear it without also having to solo the sub-master.

And sends work differently too, but also more as you would expect them to work. With v6.5 and earlier, if you mute the sub-mix channel, you will still hear the "ghost" sends from any individual channels with active sends. Also, if you adjust the fader of the sub-mix channel, you will not be adjusting the send levels causing the amount of FX to change relative to the dry signal (not good).

But sends now work as you would expect them to work (in v7.0), where moving the sub-mix fader also adjust the send levels in the group, and muting it mutes the sends contained in the group. This retains the exact FX balances, and is something that even Pro Tools can't do! It's an extremely helpful feature if you find yourself using sends that are on channels that are being sub-mixed. :-)
__________________
Giles Reaves, aka 'selig'
Audio Illusionist, Musical Technologist
Selig Audio, LLC
USA
  #38  
Old 2013-03-18, 03:10
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
The differences that have been revealed by Ludvig are that solos and sends will work more as you expect. With v7.0, you can solo just the group channel and hear the entire group, or you can solo just an individual channel in the group and hear it without also having to solo the sub-master.

And sends work differently too, but also more as you would expect them to work. With v6.5 and earlier, if you mute the sub-mix channel, you will still hear the "ghost" sends from any individual channels with active sends. Also, if you adjust the fader of the sub-mix channel, you will not be adjusting the send levels causing the amount of FX to change relative to the dry signal (not good).

But sends now work as you would expect them to work (in v7.0), where moving the sub-mix fader also adjust the send levels in the group, and muting it mutes the sends contained in the group. This retains the exact FX balances, and is something that even Pro Tools can't do! It's an extremely helpful feature if you find yourself using sends that are on channels that are being sub-mixed. :-)

Ok I get it , It's something I kind of played with sometimes that ghost fx but it was not always for the best results ,
I was using it as a filter buy muting the track or lowering the volume and made a slow raise up until the beat kicked and at that moment I would un-mute

thank you for this exlplanation Selig !

but I guess there is a million ways to do that kind of fx anyway so I rather have those changes,
it will save me a lot of time not to have to creat a bypass automation to mute those side fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
Yes, genuine busing as appears to be in R7 is extremely helpful and much needed, I doubt very many people would disagree there.

But it's not the only "grouping" capability that matters. Selecting multiple faders to manipulate them together is also incredibly useful.

Imagine for a moment on a physical mixing console, that you couldn't move more than one fader at a time. You could move them all, but only one by one. What a pain that would be! And it's much the same in Reason. Sure you can get a physical controller and map faders to those in Reason (I have several options for doing this) but then you're manually changing the precise balance between each fader, and it would be far better to just select multiple objects (faders) and manipulate at once. This fits standard computing UI guidelines and would be a tremendous productivity booster IN ADDITION to proper buses.

yhea I know , I kind of get those points right but I asked that question because I was not shue if it was going to be like in the smal line mixer chanel or something cheers!
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
  #39  
Old 2013-03-18, 03:12
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,981
oups I post the reply in the wrong lane here https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...70#post1265170
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't forget deepndark Music Forum (read only) 0 2012-10-29 13:00
Don't forget the oldies - Some patches for ya'll benmcc84 Phead User Forum (read only) 1 2012-09-03 03:51
sometimes I forget Staarchylld Phead User Forum (read only) 12 2012-06-18 13:38
Don't forget MMM starts an hour early today! ZionAural Phead User Forum (read only) 0 2011-05-26 19:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:45.