Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-03-17, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind2069 View Post
Yes talent makes a difference, so does gear, its a combination and no way mastering in reason 4 equals or even approches mastering in protools, get out of lala land.
So you think the limiter coming with ProTools sounds better than the M-Class one? Somehow you seem to use it wrong.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by normen View Post
So you think the limiter coming with ProTools sounds better than the M-Class one? Somehow you seem to use it wrong.
LOL, have you ever hear of vst's, or RTAS

Sometimes I wonder why do you interpret sentences so literally, can you function in society. If I say my computer is light speed, do you actually think my computer travels at the speed of light.

So you will probably answer that you can use rewire with Reason, but remember, the post states that mastering in reason alone is as good as protools, so no rewire bobby.

So most pro mastering will use high end plugins with host like protools, or systems like sadie, sonic solution bla bla bla, and no, I dont believe reason 4 alone cant macth those, if you do, continue to live in youre fairy tails.

Last edited by mind2069; 2013-03-17 at 13:16.
Old 2013-03-17, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind2069 View Post
LOL, have you ever hear of vst's, or RTAS

Sometimes I wonder why do you interpret sentences so literally, can you function in society. If I say my computer is light speed, do you actually think my computer travels at the speed of light.

So you will probably answer that you can use rewire with Reason, but remember, the post states that mastering in reason alone is as good as protools, so no rewire bobby.

So most pro mastering will use high end plugins with host like protools, or systems like sadie, sonic solution bla bla bla, and no, I dont believe reason 4 alone cant macth those, if you do, continue to live in youre fairy tails.
Exactly my point, who in the world would master in the same project or even application he mixes? Also why would anyone "master" at home anyway? If you have a mastering studio you can very well master in Reason. Also theres REs now if you really need one of those "modern" (and imo terrible sounding) limiters.

I don't take you literally but even if I took you at what you want to say you are a bit deluded to think theres "magic" plugins elsewhere. You apparently never stood in a mastering studio and actually heard what its about.
Old 2013-03-17, 14:30

i`ve heard a couple of guys say , they had taken there mixed track to a mastering engineer and the mastering engineer did not touch the track at all . the mix was spot on , the mixing engineer had done a great job . mixing is the key IMHO .
Old 2013-03-17, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djstarski View Post
i`ve heard a couple of guys say , they had taken there mixed track to a mastering engineer and the mastering engineer did not touch the track at all . the mix was spot on , the mixing engineer had done a great job . mixing is the key IMHO .
The song and performance are the key But yeah, totally agree. Sometimes I saw mastering engineers just like add 0.5dB at 2k very wide and the client was all like "dude, this is just fantastic" But sometimes it just isn't more than that.
Old 2013-03-17, 17:33

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-10 at 06:56.
Old 2013-03-18, 04:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djstarski View Post
Why do so many people try to put the blame on the grade of mastering plug ins and never put the blame on their mixing skills. Boggles my mind....

You can have the best sk8board, sk8boarding shoes, be at the best sk8park, ect.... does that mean your going to be able to sk8 like Tony Hawk? Experience goes along way. That's why some mixing engineers are said to have "Golden Ears".
Old 2013-03-18, 05:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphathead View Post
Why do so many people try to put the blame on the grade of mastering plug ins and never put the blame on their mixing skills. Boggles my mind....

You can have the best sk8board, sk8boarding shoes, be at the best sk8park, ect.... does that mean your going to be able to sk8 like Tony Hawk? Experience goes along way. That's why some mixing engineers are said to have "Golden Ears".
^^ What he said.

And the thorn in my side has been lifted by the implementation of Midi out and other various features.

Last edited by Carlitos; 2013-03-18 at 08:08.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:47

again one of those threads where the OP completely dissappears after his initial post...
Old 2013-03-18, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensenTNI View Post
again one of those threads where the OP completely dissappears after his initial post...
Sad that! Let us hope that he is satisfied with the very good contributions made to the thread.