Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-21, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus6 View Post
Somethings just aren't intuitive to different people..
Right...aren't we all still newbies at something we are trying to do? We need to help each other.

I've been using reason for more than 5 years and still consider myself a noob. Heck, I just learned how to use the cry baby wah effect two days ago. Didn't even know how they got that sound in songs I heard. How did I learn about what the effect is??? Reading this forum, of course.
Old 2013-03-22, 04:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoner498 View Post
So what?

They bought Reason and are now Propellerhead customers.

Considering that they're customers, and these are the Propellerhead forums, they have the privilege of being allowed to ask questions, just the same as anybody else does.

Some people treat these forums like a private club for the elite Reason owners, then wonder why the PUF has an outside reputation of being full of asshats.

ymmv...
Good call! I have quite a few DAW licenses and this forum along with Cakewalk's reek of fanboyism. We treat software like they are religions. We are ready to declare jihaud when someone dares to criticize our "religions".
I watched a guy get totally flamed in the Sonar forums because he didn't like the new GUI and was switching to something else.
Old 2013-03-22, 05:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by djSidious View Post
My title was to get attention..

My message was to interpret to a degree on what im actually going on about.

Im not attacking a new comer.....by all means ask questions to what you dont know. Everyone normally starts that way.

but..

Coming in the forums to ask a question like..... as someone stated clearly..

"How do you save a patch?"

Boggles the mind.

It might aswell have been "How do i turn on my PC?"

If you are going into a practice, you arm yourself with the BASIC tools for preparation beforehand. Not the other way around or you end up being silly.

It has nothing to do with "Elite Club" privileges. The Props Forum is far from it in my years of using their software.

Do you get what im talking about now?
An advance user can't comprehend that people are that ignorant but it it possible. My first DAW experience came along using a Yamaha SW1000XG. I had never used software synthesizers because I didn't need to. I took me awhile to figure out how to use a VST.

Sometimes noobs are eager to play with their new toy. It's no different back in the old Nintendo days when people tried to play the game without reading the instruction.

Yet, I guess they didn't realize that whem you mouse over things in Reason it tells you what to do. I just moused over the save patch in Thor and it says it.
Old 2013-03-22, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwise View Post
I'm a user like that since version 1, and i consider myself as still being a reason n00b.
Never get anything finished beyond an 8 bar loop it seems and still get amazingly stuck tweaking with knobs and sliders...

'reason' is my music game, and it's only purpose is to have a great time tweaking knobs and making soundscapes, and if i don't understand something, i will read the forum or watch some tutorial on youtube...

We can't all be pro's
I just made a track a few months ago starting on v4 after buying some 3rd party tutorial videos. I had 5, last week bout 6 and from 4 to 6 is a bit overwhelming for now. I bought groove3's Reason 6 tutorial.
It's one heckuva upgrade.
Old 2013-03-22, 05:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyggy View Post
A friend who had been a station commander in a well know british institution had a favourite saying, "When all else fails, read the manual"
Unfortunately developers have gotten lazy in this respect. A .chm file is replaced by a .pdf and those are annoying. BTW I noticed the help file in 6 blows away the previous versions.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:12

I <3 Noobs
Old 2013-03-22, 09:22

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-10 at 04:31.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:35

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
That's just a question of attitude and motivation...Anyone with the right attitude and the motivation to hit their goals can and will succeed and asking 'stupid noob' questions is the first step.
No one started off as a pro and we have all asked atleast one stupid question so let's just help the little grasshoppers here
I agree with you

We had to start from someone,I hate it when people take the piss out of noobs

Unfair and un called for,lets all make this place a happy one,and be eager to help out everyone,where we can
Old 2013-03-22, 14:08

compared to some of the forums I have seen I think these ones are actually quite well spirited, people ask basic or very advanced questions and someone answers in the best way they can, cant say fairer than that

on other forums the emphasis is also on being right, all the time, these forums tend to have a discussion feel about it, so there is a happy thought :P
Old 2013-03-22, 14:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
Unfortunately developers have gotten lazy in this respect. A .chm file is replaced by a .pdf and those are annoying. BTW I noticed the help file in 6 blows away the previous versions.
Man I can't stand the help file type documentation. Give me a pdf any day over that.