Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-03-23, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
Could you explain your comment
wyggy?
Yes! But why is that necessary? The thread is about getting music heard.

Just a couple of new comments:

Life is now dominated by the Facebook syndrome, but small groups have for a very long time gathered together to reinforce their common interests.

There was a programme on the BBC a few weeks ago about the "Rites of Spring". The first performance in London was almost ruined by heckling and cat calls from the audience. Opera goers could not accept another approach to opera than that to which they had become accustomed. The same people probably rejected Jazz ten or so years later.

Good music will always get an audience, first from people with open minds and then more generally. The true artist will pursue his art in spite of setbacks.

I will not try to produce a thesis. I am not an academic.