Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-18, 23:38

Audio 'Piano Roll' Editor

I was thinking this morning about how cool it would be if Reason had an audio 'piano roll' section. You could import or record an audio file, and then edit time, pitch, 'note' length, modulation, formant, and velocity. Kind of like an Autotune 7 or Melodyne plugin, except have it built into the DAW. I mean why not?

Just thinking aloud here Thoughts?
Old 2013-03-18, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkflash View Post
I was thinking this morning about how cool it would be if Reason had an audio 'piano roll' section. You could import or record an audio file, and then edit time, pitch, 'note' length, modulation, formant, and velocity. Kind of like an Autotune 7 or Melodyne plugin, except have it built into the DAW. I mean why not?

Just thinking aloud here Thoughts?

YESSSSSSS! I totally agree with you. To have such an Editor in Reason would be awesome, especially because the basic technology to implement such a feature is already there in Reason (Neptune, Polar, Time Stretching, Pitch shifting, Audio Quantize......).
Old 2013-03-24, 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuswitt View Post
YESSSSSSS! I totally agree with you. To have such an Editor in Reason would be awesome, especially because the basic technology to implement such a feature is already there in Reason (Neptune, Polar, Time Stretching, Pitch shifting, Audio Quantize......).
Exactly! And Propellerhead would be the first to have it integrated directly into it's DAW so 1. Reason suddenly becomes very attractive to artists on a low budget or who are looking for everything "in the box", and 2. Users wouldn't have to go spend another four hundred bucks on an uncompatible software.
Old 2013-03-25, 04:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkflash View Post
Exactly! And Propellerhead would be the first to have it integrated directly into it's DAW
Actually no, studio one did it first as it has melodyne integrated into it, but I agree the feature would be nice in reason.
Old 2013-03-25, 04:54

I'm pretty sure MOTU did it first with DP5 in 2006.
Good suggestion, none the less. The more audio editing/manipulation power the better.
Old 2013-03-25, 05:24

Probably right, I knew very little about audio software/ music production in 2006
Old 2013-03-25, 15:18

I guess a few people beat me to that idea!