Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-25, 17:01

Work in progress; not sure what to call the genre

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-25, 21:04

Interesting piano melody around your choice of chord progressions. Was your melody improvised or rehearsed? Perhaps mixng the melody to be more predominant, not nessecarilly louder maybe placed somewhere differently in the mix would give the listener more options to hold onto. Nice song.
Old 2013-03-25, 21:15

Improvised on the piano; think it was the second take I recorded. I've been tweaking EQ the last couple days little by little and replacing the source file on that track. Hope to add some new instrumentation down the road. Thanks for listing.
Old 2013-03-25, 21:15

Interesting piece of Lo-fi Electronica. The overall vibe is deep and somewhat dark. I like the piano melody and its distinct dirty texture. It goes well with the lo-fi sound.

Word of advice, if I may. At some point...maybe towards the middle or end, try pulling out the snares, leave the BD alone for a bit. Try building up with more layers towards the end for a climatic ending.

It's got potential, and a bit more variation will get it to its destination. Great job.

Ed
Old 2013-03-25, 21:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecopro View Post
Interesting piece of Lo-fi Electronica. The overall vibe is deep and somewhat dark. I like the piano melody and its distinct dirty texture. It goes well with the lo-fi sound.

Word of advice, if I may. At some point...maybe towards the middle or end, try pulling out the snares, leave the BD alone for a bit. Try building up with more layers towards the end for a climatic ending.

It's got potential, and a bit more variation will get it to its destination. Great job.

Ed
Great idea regarding the drums and the build up, I will do that. Thanks!