Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-25, 19:26

Arrow Customisable Keyboard Shortcuts

Absolutely love Reason, but can't believe we can't customise our own keyboard shortcuts ??!!

Is there a reason why we can't do this? I've never seen this limitation in any other "pro app" before and had to check several times to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Please, please, please PH ....can you let us do this?

I use KS all the time in any app ...and in Reason I especially want to be able to set some for navigation functions such as zoom to loop, zoom to selection, zoom to fit all ...amongst many others.

Also, I wanna be able to change some of the default shortcuts to my own as I alternate between DAWs and am constantly getting caught out with habitual key pressing as I fly about.

Obviously, it's possible to adapt to anything, but it's just another thing making you think when you could just do ...Not good for the creative flow.

Reason is so much fun in so many ways, but I feel the sequencer is like pulling teeth in comparison to say Logic.

Thanks for everything so far, really looking forward to upgrading to 7.

Old 2013-03-25, 21:38

If you're on the Mac, you can set your own shortcuts for anything that exists in a menu, in the System Preferences. If you want to go beyond that, there are many utilities to allow for this, or even using AppleScript or Automator if you don't want to add something third party.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-04-05, 13:10

Customisable Keyboard Shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
If you're on the Mac, you can set your own shortcuts for anything that exists in a menu, in the System Preferences. If you want to go beyond that, there are many utilities to allow for this, or even using AppleScript or Automator if you don't want to add something third party.
Thanks for your reply. That's a nice tip, and good to know for general application, but unfortunately it doesn't help me out as it's limited to menu items ...and nothing I want to create a shortcut for is in the menus.

Can't see why it's not possible to customise our own like in virtually every other app ever?!

Anyway, here's hoping.

While I'm at it ...No midi clock out? ...Hmmm, that's another thread.
Old 2013-04-06, 02:38

Yes you're right, this only works for menu items and I have been frustrated by that limitation as well. There are third party shortcut & macro programs you can get, but it would certainly be much nicer to simply have complete control over keymappings. Just about every videogame these days allows for complete custom keybindings... so why not our music apps??

As for MIDI clock out, one would reasonably expect that to come with MIDI out in Reason 7.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…