Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-03-25, 04:53

Yes.. can we get a poll? i'd say everyone would want it.
Old 2013-03-25, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointZeroProductions View Post
Yes.. can we get a poll? i'd say everyone would want it.
Not a bad idea! +1
Old 2013-03-25, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceToad View Post
Reaper does have a feature called "Rearoute", which allows 2 way audio communication between Reaper and another program running their Rearoute ASIO driver (such as Reason), although so far without midi synchronization, midi out may change this however. Also, the latency is not perfect, partly because the signal has to travel to and from reaper to reason 2 or three times, once from reason to reaper and back again to use reaper as makeshift fx sends or inserts, and then again to reaper so you can hear the master out.
I wasn't aware that Reaper had that. I also use Reaper inside Pro Tools to run some of my VSTi's that don't play nice with Pro Tools even when wrapped with FXpansion's VST to RTAS wrapper. I didn't know about Rearoute. I need to check that out. I've wanted to be able to send audio from a PT audio track to Reason in order to use certain fx plug-ins that I have in VST format only (but won't wrap well). Wonder if this might work for that.
Old 2013-03-25, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivadangermouse View Post
Reason being a Rewire master isn't enough. If a Rewire upgrade is needed then it needs to be two-way so as to simultaneously send and receive multiple channels of audio, both for FX sends and also other software sound sources.
Exactly!! Mostly I use Pro Tools as main mix DAW. So for me, I'd want to be able to send audio via Rewire TO Reason to use some Reason rack effect or other (ie Alligator or Pulverizer) and then send that processed audio back to PT to incorporate into the whole mix.

Some have suggested there might be a latency issue, but since everything is internal in the computer's processors, it would seem like the latency, if there is any, would be minimal. It's not like you're sending signal over a cable to some external source. You're really only sending bits and bites until you get to the final output.
Old 2013-03-25, 16:59

Reason 7.5 Rewire master. WE can all agree on this
Old 2013-03-26, 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnowen View Post
Reason 7.5 Rewire master. WE can all agree on this
Certainly! +1
Old 2013-04-19, 15:16

I wish one of the technical gerus at P-heads would weigh in here and explain why Rewire can't go both ways. I'd like to know if there is some technical reason for not having that capability. Reason has audio IN and out for Rewire. So, I'm not getting why this isn't a feature already.
Old 2013-04-22, 21:00

For Reason to be a Rewire host has been my biggest wish for a long time now, so I was naturally quite disappointed when I found out that R7 won't have this feature either. However by adding midi-functionality in R7, I believe they've moved a giant leap towards making this a reality. I hope and pray that this will be added in a R7.2 update.