Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-25, 04:22

They're about even with the major developers. The smaller ones sometimes only make one or the other though. Many of the free vsts are probably vst only but even voxengo has au versions of their plugins as well. But you also have developers like McDsp that don't make vsts. They only support the pro tools formats (shame they have multiples; AAX DSP, AAX Native, TDM, RTAS, Audiosuite) and AU.

Website
Old 2013-03-25, 16:56

My hope is that PH develops a rack for vst's; until then they should make Reason a Rewire Master in an update, then make developments for vst support, every daw is capable of this. ( I think we can all agree on this)

Reason 7.5 Rewire Master
Old 2013-03-25, 17:43

Rewire master would be nice but in the mean time with Reason 7's midi out an the programs discussed you can rack vsts (both instrument and fx) and use them with reason.

Website
Old 2013-03-25, 18:13

I was looking into it. someone mentioned a software called chainer but I dont think they still make it, I will still purchase R7 when released and explore was to get vst's to work but I feel like the process shouldn't be so complicated. Even if we had rewire master we would not be able to use vstfx in Reason, we would have to use another daw for FX's and run the audio into reason's mixer I wouldn't mind that but their would probaly be workarounds.

Reason 7.5 Rewire Master
Old 2013-03-25, 23:21

I just wanted to say. I love Reason even if we get or dont get a software or hardware that supports vst. But please props, if you read this.... Build us a software that supports vst. Thank you and goodningt!
Old 2013-03-26, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by normen View Post
just put another PC next to your Reason PC
This idea had crossed my mind!

Loading SoundCloud…