Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-29, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPaully View Post
You are a gentleman and a scholar, well ok, maybe just a scholar then. :-) The search function was next to useless for me. A lot of these patches are extremely 'samey' eh? They did say that the majority of DX7s returned for servicing had usually came back with the factory presets untouched.

I do wonder if people just tweaked a couple of parameters of an existing sound and moved on.
Haha, no problem. I agree it gets very samey but I think when the DX7 was first around everyone raved about these patches so they seem to be a signature of the synth? I'm just guessing.
I'd say a lot of the patches are just slight tweaks on others, is that cheating? Lol
Old 2013-03-29, 16:32

Yeah. There's a lot of these wood-ish type bass thuds. Not such a bad thing, but I'm not sure if I need a folder full of them :-) Maybe it was the vogue back then?