Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-28, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1music View Post
I've bought every version of Reason and I'm going to buy this as well, $129 is a no brainer for Reason w/MIDI Out, I can't believe people actually are discussing this

Yes, perish the thought that people should actually discuss pricing at all.

It's an outrage, people like that should be banned from the forum for even thinking about such things.

Old 2013-03-28, 12:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebot View Post
People expecting to be treated like royalty just because they use their product.
And where pray, on this thread, do you see such an expectation from anyone?

A more interesting thing I'm wondering about is can you explain the £8 rounding up error on the Prop Shop? £99 is the UK retail price whereas on the store it works out at £113, now you can write off £5 as being the tax differential but that still leaves an £8 donation that isn't covered by the RRP or taxes.

Bear in mind all you knee-jerkers that freak out when anyone dares discuss money, I've already stated I have no problem with the upgrade price and indicated why it is relatively an absolute bargain if you are coming from any pre-R6 version.

It's basic economics, at these prices buying the next two upgrades will cost you £198 whereas if you skip a version or two it will still only set you back £129 to get back to the latest and greatest version. Ask your accountant for further clarification if you still have doubts. So yes as strange as it would seem somebody coming in from any earlier version is being favoured over someone regularly contributing to the Props coffers by buying regularly.

Of course you enjoy the benefits of the new version by upgrading but then the Props enjoy the benefits of your regular contributions as a currently active customer also.

Take the emotion out of it and it's just how things work and it makes threads titled like this one completely valid points of view.

There, that didn't hurt or upset anyone did it?

Last edited by Ostermilk; 2013-03-28 at 12:25.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz1music View Post
I've bought every version of Reason and I'm going to buy this as well, $129 is a no brainer for Reason w/MIDI Out, I can't believe people actually are discussing this
Because some of us feel that midi out should not be a paid upgrade. I am one of them. I am glad its part of the update but it would be great to see some more meat in this upgrade. Like an updated/new sampler.
Old 2013-03-30, 12:09

Don't forget if you own Reason but didn't buy Balance full price, you'll get the new version thrown in for nowt if you spring for it now, so effectively you'll be getting 129 euros off Balance.

That's a deal and a half that definitely doesn't favour current Balance owners, provided you want a new 2 in 2 out USB interface.