Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-10-06, 23:27

Yes! In fact I posted news about that on the previous page.. The new album 'The Prime Mover' will hit the streets somewhere around December/January. For Reason lovers it's a nice fact that all mixing was done in Reason and also almost all synths too.

Great to hear you have our first album and enjoy it!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-02-27, 13:38

The new album is almost done and it took us a year recording and mixing along the way. For us it's really important to get this one right. We want it to sound bigger, better, harder and stronger than everything else on planet Metal. I cannot stream a example song yet but I can give a few people private acces to a song on Soundcloud.

If you're interested to preview and review a song from our new album I would like to invite you, I'm really searching for people who love to listen to this kind of music.

Some tags: Black Metal, Progressive, Electronic.

Send me a PM!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-29, 09:55

Here it is, a full song preview from our new album 'The Prime Mover'.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-30, 01:11

Not what I was expecting - I like a lot of black metal. I don't mind the difference in the musical style to most black metal but I thought there were some problems with the production. I thought the vocals were far too high in the mix - I found this quite off-putting. And then the production itself seemed to fall between two camps: your big symphonic sounding black metal and your raw kult black metal. But it wasn't raw or big enough sounding - I felt it fell between the two extremes and wasn't better for it. Sorry that those are negative comments but that's just what I thought on a first listen. I hope it helps.

https://soundcloud.com/snakeofjune

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-30, 01:39

I don't think our music can be classified into those two camps. The Thread title is more or less a trigger for people to go in and listen. I think our music has a more Progressive touch but it clearly shows our modern BM influences. I also think that the heavy electronic input brings something else to the sound as well.

I think I understand your production critique but I do not agree with you that the music should either sound like one of the styles you described, there are already lots of bands doing that, and frankly.. clones are boring.

And the vocals.. I don't think they're to loud really. I know it is common to drown those in reverb on most BM records but we like them up front and easy to follow.

Thanks for your input!

BTW, are we talking about the same song?

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by Spectrephonic; 2013-03-30 at 01:42.
Old 2013-03-30, 03:33

I likes it. I think you better let me know when I can buy the whole album.

Simple as that. No critique on the music or mix. You did what you did, wrapped it in a great cover (that monolithic infinity rock) and I am excited. I would just prefer to see more hair LOL but this isn't the 80's (sadly).

Also if you ever want to do something on the other side of Space (and the world) I would be interested.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2013-03-30, 14:48

Thanks Benedict! I haven't got a release date from the label yet but I think somewhere in May. I'll let you know.
I used to have very long hair for almost 15 years but it was time for something else

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by Spectrephonic; 2013-03-30 at 14:51.
Old 2013-03-30, 19:41

I did not mention it in the video, but all songs started out as demo in Reason and stayed there, although they went from 5 to Record to 6 to 6.5
I'd also like to stress that I could not have pulled it of without the SSL, that board is really the best thing in Reason!

I used a couple of hardware synths, a few iPad synths and some freebee VSTi's but 90% is Reason synths. I did all the mixing in Reason, nothing else. Just raw tracks imported and went to town with all Reason has. For this album I purchased a few RE that I really needed to get this sound. Most important is the Softube FET, I used it on the Bass bus, Drum Bus and on Vocals. I also bought Antidote and Polysix but mostly used for layering with the Reason synths and samplers.

Drums is different, as the video shows we sampled lots of percussive sound but the core of the sound is Addictive Drums (snare, hihat, overheads, toms and room). The main kick however is 100% Reason. I used four kick tracks and layered them, for the fast parts three of them play together, a clicky top kick, a body kick and a short low kick, For the slower parts I layer a lower somewhat longer kick with it. The sound of the kick is a combination of older drummachine samples and, very important, the 'Physical Bass Drum' from Kong. I really like that module for metal kicks.

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by Spectrephonic; 2013-03-30 at 20:07.
Old 2013-04-12, 19:26

New video. The album is in stores May 6th

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-04-12, 22:20

Sorry, 'f ya don't know :

This here, is thang beyond all, incl. blackest metal.

but relative sure, you know somethin'bout dat.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...=12269122&q=hi

All getable thanks, anyone could get

and sorry