Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a restricted, but working mode for RE's you dont own?
Yes, please! 13 72.22%
No, I think the placeholders are okay. 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-01, 16:14

I apologize, but a few details like plugging out the cable of the device before are included in what I tried to say from the beginning and that you brought that point up showed me, that you did not get the idea fully. Maybe, I did not made it clear enough at the beginning. It would be much easier to fully see all consequences when it would be actually implemented.

With this solution I suggest a compromise between the world of "Pay for all the plugins I use, or live with what I give you. Have fun downloading importing and arranging all the audio." and "Here, take my reason file, have fun with it.".

There must be complete restrictions to make any other use of the Rack Extensions that you don't own, except for playing the song and bounce what you need. As long as these REs are in restricted mode, you should not be able to change ANYTHING that is connected to them. If you decide you don't need that specific plugin and you could replace it with your own, delete it, and you can work with the sequencer items and the devices.

If it would be that restricted, it wouldn't give you any additional functionality that you didn't pay for. It would just change, who is in charge to bounce and make transfers easier.
But you could still work as usual with all plugins that you own yourself and maybe make creative changes to the song already, without having all the work with importing stems.
Old 2013-04-01, 16:29

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincture View Post
Hi WhiteWolf, I'll send you a message on SC later this afternoon, I'm sure we can work something out.
Roger, mate. ;D
Old 2013-04-01, 18:32

I thought much the same thing. it's a great idea, and much better than sharing login info. I can see the "you might as well bounce it" point, but that isn't as elegant a solution since, what if you forget to bounce something when you save and send it to your collaborator? then you've got to go back and forth to make sure it's bounced so the user can hear what's going on.

the "freezing" of REs is a better solution from a user-experience standpoint, even if bouncing something is a usable workaround.

someone said that if users could do this, they'd be able to create a series of master presets or whatever and share them for other people to use. while I agree that would be possible, the idea that it would be remotely commonplace seems rather far-fetched to me. the amount of time and effort it would take to use would likely be prohibitive. could you imagine trying to audition sounds/settings like that? and what if the template you've got doesn't have all of the REs you want in it with the specific preset you're looking for? I have a very hard time believing this would be an issue.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:54

I've made my suggestion many times about how I think to solve this problem and benefit developers at the same time (but I promise not to mention it again since I so recently mentioned it in another thread)
Old 2013-04-01, 20:34

+1000
much support to a system that will let me collaborate with others who don't use the same RE's as me, this is frustrating as of date.