Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-04-01, 19:43

How do I link two pitch wheels together?

I'm trying to control the pitch wheel from two separate devices at once. Can anyone suggest a simple way to link the control of the two pitch wheels together? I tried to merge the CV signal of a Malstrom and Thor into CV spider and control it with the pitch wheel of a single Subtractor to no avail.

Any assistance appreciated.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:44
Banned

Combinator
Old 2013-04-01, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
Combinator
A combinator would be perfect however, the two devices have different clip patterns. The patterns cannot be separated within a combinator - thanks though.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooscah View Post
A combinator would be perfect however, the two devices have different clip patterns. The patterns cannot be separated within a combinator - thanks though.
They're can be separated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V2fxK8s9EE
Old 2013-04-01, 20:10

Quote:
They can: keep the tracks for the individual instruments, then create a third track for the combi where you can operate the pitch wheel.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:43

Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know a way to achieve it without using a combinator? i.e merely linking the CV data.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:46
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Do you know a way to achieve it without using a combinator? i.e merely linking the CV data.
Ok, so you have two note lines with different notes on different instruments & you want to break them down by same Pitch value? Then simply automate Pitch Wheels on either instruments & you're done, no?

Understood you correctly?
Old 2013-04-01, 21:05

Right. I skeptically tried your suggestion and couldn't believe my eyes. I dragged the two devices straight into an empty Combinator and Reason preserved both their tracks individually via both the sequencer AND the mixer and then also allows global control of both pitch wheels to top it off - this is crazy!! I just didn't believe it could be that simple.

Thank you peeps.
Old 2013-04-01, 21:10
Banned

Quote:
Right. I skeptically tried your suggestion and couldn't believe my eyes. I dragged the two devices straight into an empty Combinator and Reason preserved both their tracks individually via both the sequencer AND the mixer and then also allows global control of both pitch wheels to top it off - this is crazy!! I just didn't believe it could be that simple.

Thank you peeps.
Cheers, mate, I'm glad that you've sorted your problem out!