Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-01, 02:18

HBO posted a few additional Houses of Westeros, including the inmates of Oz and the king of Atlanic City. But these are the best two:

Old 2013-04-01, 02:30

Was waiting to see the opener tonight. Perhaps next time you could use a spoiler alert aye? This is the last place I would expect to have the show blown.
Old 2013-04-01, 05:13

Just if it didn't come across. I was joking.
Old 2013-04-02, 02:32

Very good first episode. 100% political stuff, at expected, but at the least the pacing was a hell of a lot better than in the last season, and scenes and the characters in them enough room to breath - some brilliant dialogue throughout. Really liked some of the background stuff, too, like the scaffolding and stonemasonary work going around Kings Landing, and the VFX budget on the dragons seems to have increased quite a bit and were vastly improved for the big close-up with Dany stroking one on the boat.

Jerome Flynn really seems to have a caught a second career wind. He gets to play the virtually the same character in two great series at the same time. "With your mouth..." Lucky, lucky bastard...

I could still watch, nay, I demand, a whole season of James Cosmo playing Mormont. "Did you send the crows?" He'd kick Mance Ryder's arse. And Mel Gibsons. And Samwell Tarly's. All at the same time. Even if it doesn't happen in the books, Cosmo and Dance need to get a long scene together at some point, just because they're so freaking great in those roles.

"No, I don't want you tell the Westerios whore that!" I doubt the life of a translator in Astapor is a particularly long one. Singularly the best scene ever featuring Dany, in a thankfully non-speaking capacity, and god knows we've waited long enough for her storyline to become interesting, but to be laugh-out-loud funny too, something only Tyrion usually provides for us Westerios whores.

Talking of our favourite imp: Casterly Rock? At this rate he'll be lucky if he gets Fraggle Rock. Such ingratitude after all the times he's save their lives.

And continuing that particular theme, is the Bastard Jon Snow's father in actual fact Tuco Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez? He also knows that big men fall as fast as little men, and that guy he saw hammering stakes into the ground will surely make a lot of noise when he falls, and he's gonna need a lot of help to get up again.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:35

To me, it was an as expected still-needs-to-pick-up-pace season opener.

That slave army was awesome though. And the techno-alien looking scorpion thing..
Old 2013-04-02, 05:16

It was a great opener - I found it paced much better than season 2's opener. Great performances by all and the dialog was sublime. It's going to be painful waiting a week between episodes!
Old 2013-04-02, 21:03
Banned

Dragons are growing not fast enough!

I want a Dragon RE which can emulate a Dragon Voice!

Has anyone contacted producers yet?
Old 2013-04-15, 22:47

"We're going to need details. Copious details."

Old 2013-04-15, 22:52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery View Post
"We're going to need details. Copious details."

Ahaha, yeah it was very nice!
Old 2013-04-16, 05:09

What about the ending? Surely I'm not the only one who thought "wtf...??" Like something out of Saw, sweet Jesus..