Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-04-09, 05:16

FIGURE FOR ANDROID! i'm not buying an iphone...ever! lol

see title.

many android users want.

apple is the devil. the DEVIL!!!! hehehehe

figure the market share of android? pun intended?
Old 2013-04-09, 05:18

rebirth also while we are at it.
Old 2013-04-09, 05:41

Not only are you missing out on Figure but there are literally thousands of ground breaking apps on iOS...

...just buy an iOS device and get it over with ..besides, If any one's the devil it's Google

“Come now, and let us REASON together” Isaiah 1:18

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-04-09, 06:25

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z6fX6-aCZ9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/z6fX6-aCZ9Y

darn...i don't know how to embed a utube vid here!
Old 2013-04-11, 10:41

I have to completely agree on this one here.

As far as i've seen people around me Iphones (for one, not sure what the iPad quality is) are way overpriced for the way they can break in stupid ways. My brother for example can't lower his volume anymore because the button got half stuck in the phone, and I've seen more people with this exact problem.

Next to that, android has had a big increase in user base the last year or two (in the Netherlands, anyway) and would certainly increase the yearly profit for Propellerheads by quite a bit.

That said, I remember a employee of propellerheads posting somewhere that they were looking into android development, but that this is alot harder than making software for apple as there are so many different phones / sizes for android.

After a bit more research I found multiple employees apparently noted this.

Edit:
Untill then, by the way, try caustic! It has a bit of a Reason kinda feel to it, as they also work with a virtual rack.
Old 2013-04-11, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsian View Post
I have to completely agree on this one here.

As far as i've seen people around me Iphones (for one, not sure what the iPad quality is) are way overpriced for the way they can break in stupid ways. My brother for example can't lower his volume anymore because the button got half stuck in the phone, and I've seen more people with this exact problem.
I have never seen this but anyway tell your brother to use the onscreen volume control maybe?

Quote:
Next to that, android has had a big increase in user base the last year or two (in the Netherlands, anyway) and would certainly increase the yearly profit for Propellerheads by quite a bit.

That said, I remember a employee of propellerheads posting somewhere that they were looking into android development, but that this is alot harder than making software for apple as there are so many different phones / sizes for android.

After a bit more research I found multiple employees apparently noted this.

Edit:
Untill then, by the way, try caustic! It has a bit of a Reason kinda feel to it, as they also work with a virtual rack.
IIRC, Propellerhead did mention a lack of interest for Android due to the platform not being audio friendly as of today (too much latency, etc).
Old 2013-04-11, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxxer View Post
see title.

many android users want.
Not that many. Most of the music types are on the iOS side already, where all the action is, from Propellerheads, Korg, Steinberg, Moog, etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxxer View Post
apple is the devil. the DEVIL!!!! hehehehe
It's just a company, don't believe the BS of the press, buy one and get over it. It's not like Google or Samsung are any better.

The market share doesn't matter much either, because most of the Android market share is the lower end of the market (they got some Android phone free with a contract), which doesn't buy as many apps.

Plus, Android has several issues that make it unfit for music apps, one of which is high latency.

Not to mention that vast majority of Android user are 2-3 versions behind in their OS (according to Google's own numbers). Most Android phones don't get official updates from their companies (Samsung etc) -- people have to go and install Android themselves from unsupported sources.

See here: http://developer.android.com/about/d...rds/index.html

70% are on old versions, including 40% using an ancient version!

Contrast with iOS, where the vast majority of the users are already on the latest version.
Old 2013-04-11, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
I have never seen this but anyway tell your brother to use the onscreen volume control maybe?
Or, you know, go and get it fixed/exchanged?

I never seen that issue myself (and I'm around 10-15 people with iPhones).

Plus, one incident doesn't mean anything. Any and all products crack at some point, and all production runs have some issues for any product. I've had Siemens, Erricson and Sony phones, and all had issues at one point or another.

What you get for the iPhone you don't get with any other Android phone. It's not just a list of features (some which might even be missing). It's also the ecosystem, the huge number of top quality apps (all major music apps from major music software houses --DAWs, synths, DJing, etc-- are iOS only), the construction, materials, etc. Not to mention it has better resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
*IIRC, Propellerhead did mention a lack of interest for Android due to the platform not being audio friendly as of today (too much latency, etc).
Audio is not a priority for Android. And the way the OS is designed it has issues with latency, yes.
Old 2013-04-11, 16:36

Screw apple 4 life ! (jocking but not a strong fan )

I dont care about latency or anything , I dont buy ( I ) anything and will never do , I have all the cool softwares I whant in the PC world and phone music is a joke 2 me even if it's a cool toy !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !

Last edited by charlycharlzz; 2013-04-11 at 16:41.
Old 2013-04-11, 16:59

Android isn't the preferred platform for these kinds of apps. Too many screen resolutions and processors to deal with.
If you really want Figure (I bought it solely because I like Props, but I almost never use it), get an iPod touch. Figure runs quite well on the fourth-gen model, but $150 ($149 for a refurbished 8gig iPod touch + $1 for Figure) might be a bit much.