Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-09, 18:48

Yep that thread is where I learned of that template. I haven't bought it yet though... really trying to limit my impulse-spending.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-16, 09:10

another good one : Digital Art Trance Station
Old 2013-03-16, 18:17

Nice... this one seems more flexible in terms of what it includes, I may have to pick it up!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-18, 09:27

the mastering/mixing combinators in this package are extraordinarily superb, I've just played one of the stringlead template in it, this is the result :

Loading SoundCloud…

I've used samples from Miroslav Refills

Last edited by xbitz; 2013-03-18 at 09:31.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:23

Talking Skippers...

You guys just want working examples because you wanna skip parts, the parts happen to be very important and are all about training the hearing. You may think you can skip it by using other peoples templates, but i would not hand them out. It took me 10 years to perfect my mixing skills in reason!

I am planning on making tutorials about this soon, so..
Old 2013-03-18, 12:51

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTale View Post
You guys just want working examples because you wanna skip parts, the parts happen to be very important and are all about training the hearing. You may think you can skip it by using other peoples templates, but i would not hand them out. It took me 10 years to perfect my mixing skills in reason!

I am planning on making tutorials about this soon, so..
I've just played it (check my joining date ), don't want to use them directly otherwise (you're right, music is not about copying for sure), but much can be learned from them (mixing in trance is really complicated topic) ... btw the mixing process will be completely different in Reason 7 because of the buses, don't you think, so you should wait these kind of tutorials till it will be released, then you could create tutorials like this one

http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/...tering-toolbox (check its outline)

just with Reason7 IMO

ps. : ofc. I watched this one http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/...mixing-toolbox and read many articles but they only scratch the surface, as I see (yes from the Digital Art Trance Station templates ) good(trance) mixing in Reason is a very-very complex thing with full of tricks(especially the the dynamic and the spatial parts of it) )

Last edited by xbitz; 2013-03-18 at 13:53.
Old 2013-03-18, 15:02

Just because someone wants templates doesn't mean they don't want to learn. Quite the opposite in fact. By ripping apart the template, you can start to see how the elements go together that formed it.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-04-09, 09:41

fyi, Reason 4 Trance Tutorial (Price: $16.57)

Quote:
Begin writing competitive Trance music with Propellerhead Software’s Reason 4 program.
Learn the real tricks and techniques used by professional Trance producers the world over.
This eBook will systematically guide you through the expert principals of modern Trance music production.
A systematic tutorial taking you through the creation of two trance tracks, with loads of extras practically guiding you to confidently use all Reason 4 devices.
Focusing on learning how to make the music you want to make; the Reason 4 Trance Tutorial discusses and evaluates each step along the way making sure the techniques and reasons behind them go straight into your brain and stay there.

500+ pages.
45,000 words on Trance production.
Hi-Res images.
Easy to follow, yet comprehensive and fun.
Designed specifically for Reason 4 users.
- http://www.lulu.com/shop/robert-todd...t-5523312.html

is still a very good good book, especially the advanced part of it, anyway it's always a good to refreshing our basic knowledge, for example I've totally forgot the importance of the predelay reverb setting, so this one:
Quote:
... This is often a quick and easy way to clean up difficult mixes. It is very hard to fool the human ear and sometimes changes of only 1 or 2 millisecond can make all the difference...
just saved my mix

Last edited by xbitz; 2013-04-09 at 14:42.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
I had no idea that reasonexperts site existed, thanks for posting that
Indeed, I was completely unaware of it also.

I think it might be a revamp of the old but excellent Reasontutorials.com page which doesn't seem to exist anymore.

It's a really good resource by the looks.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
Maybe it's something in the way I work, or that I rarely use presets without tweaking, but I've never heard this "reason sound" thing. Especially don't get it now that you can sample/record audio.
I do suspect though that when people talk about the "reason sound" it's because they're sticking with presets, not layering instruments or tracks, and not doing a heck of a lot of eq-ing.
I think that can be said for any software. I reckon one of the coolest things about Reason is that I can create my own instruments in the Combinator, and it opened up a whole range of possibilities for custom sounds, such as strange bass with nylon guitar, some synth bass, some cello, all mixed with different levels of delay, arpeggiator and other customised bits through the 6ch mixer. Even having one track of notes sounding like several instruments, always perfectly in sync because they are, well, only one instrument ! Not very technical for the seasoned propheads, but worth a mention maybe for the OP. WIth this approach (ie Combinator to create your own instruments) you will NEVER end up with the same sound twice, if youre clever about it.)

Am I missing something... isn;t that what refills are anyway, just customised combinator patches? If so, I dont understand why people pay for them !