Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-04-12, 18:26

I have #3, the producer drum kits sound GREAT, really good BIG drum sounds. But there is a lack of MIDI files, I thought there'd be more, I solved that by going to drumsondemand.com
Old 2013-04-13, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzface View Post
I have #3, the producer drum kits sound GREAT, really good BIG drum sounds. But there is a lack of MIDI files, I thought there'd be more, I solved that by going to drumsondemand.com
They are reselling midi from groove monkee. You can get 700 free drum midi files from the GM site to try them out.
http://www.groovemonkee.com/en/free-midi

I have quite a lot of GM midi packs and they are generally quite good, but I suggest checking out the free files before you buy.
Old 2013-04-13, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodnyak View Post
Hi guys! Do you have and idea how to use Close Mics, Overheads and Amb mics separately from each other for further messing with each of them? For example, if I want to add some distortion for room track and close mics track to leave dry. I need some guideline about how the samples' names are classified in NN-XT sampler. For example, what's the difference between Gretsch22_In_Hard01_Room, Hard02_Room and etc? The velocity seems the same as well as Amb tail.
bodnyak
I think what is happening in the sequencer is layering.
You have noticed inside the remote editor there are a lot of samples stacked up on top of each other. Right now I am looking at the snare from the "Ludwig Beatles All Combinator". The manual says these are played simultaneously when you press a key on the keyboard.
Your question makes me think you want to take one of the layers and process it independently, or do you want to mix the different kits?
If it's different kits, you have to load separate combinators with the different patches and destroy them differently. You'd have to make sure they trigger simultaneously so programming may be the only option there.