Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-04-15, 21:50

Improvements to Save Patch dialog on Windows

I understand that on Mac, having the current Save path be separate from each individual device's Browse path may be useful because the Save dialog in Mac can be customized with the user's favorites so they can quickly save their patches where needed.

However on Windows the Save dialog can't be customized this way.

I'd like to suggest that the Save path come from the Browse path on the device - and if there is none yet, then use the current Save path. I am constantly browsing back and forth between folders if I am working on Combinator patches in different folders. I wish that it would simply drop me where I last saved or loaded the patch on whatever device I modified. Basically, make the path be wherever the current patch is, please.

I would also like the Save Song dialog to behave the same way. I must have saved songs to the wrong folder by accident a dozen times, just because I forgot that I had browsed to a different folder to save another song I was working on at the same time.

Last edited by rogerlevy; 2013-04-15 at 21:52.