Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-04-17, 17:01

When will there be Reason For Pensioners?

Something I've noticed a lot more of is how many pensioners are getting pc-wise. There is one very simple explanation for this: keeping minds active.

Near where I live there's a wonderful lady well into her 80's, enjoying everything. She's found it fun as well as a challenge to get into learning how to use a pc. Now she wants to get back playing piano. She's heard you can get 'odd-jobbies' (her lingo) that work just as good for what she'd like.
Reason would be something she'd like now she's tried it.

You have educational deals, so, the question is, can that extend to include pensioners?

It's just a thought and it'd do a lot of good too.
Old 2013-04-17, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilC View Post
Something I've noticed a lot more of is how many pensioners are getting pc-wise. There is one very simple explanation for this: keeping minds active.

Near where I live there's a wonderful lady well into her 80's, enjoying everything. She's found it fun as well as a challenge to get into learning how to use a pc. Now she wants to get back playing piano. She's heard you can get 'odd-jobbies' (her lingo) that work just as good for what she'd like.
Reason would be something she'd like now she's tried it.

You have educational deals, so, the question is, can that extend to include pensioners?

It's just a thought and it'd do a lot of good too.
After being on the market for 13 years without it, I wouldn't hold my breath for a "senior discount", however; your neighbor may be best suited to picking up a Reason Essentials license on the cheap to get her started.
Old 2013-04-17, 23:11

I think Enoclight is right... The props have a business and I dont believe the Seniors are a good market.. But she could go with the Reason Essentials. It is very affordable and it is practically Reason!
Old 2013-04-18, 01:56

My neighbour is almost 60 and uses reason essentials to record his guitars and play some rex drums and piano over it.
Old 2013-04-18, 02:20

Seriously. Reason Essentials is just $99 USD. Plus, if you pick it up now you get Reason Essentials 2.0 upgrade free and get audio slicing and quantizing. Can't get more affordable for a pensioner than that!

Last edited by EnochLight; 2013-04-18 at 02:23. Reason: MOAR
Old 2013-04-18, 21:34

Props now accept AARP Cards in The Shop.

Boom 808 Percussion Synth - Tick Tick Step Sequencer - Antidote - Polysix - Buffre - Pulsar - Uhbik A - Uhbik D - Resampler - Glitch Effect - Rough Rider - Saturation Knob - Audiomatic Retro Transformer - RE 180 Dynamic Driver - Morfin XF Crossfader - CV Suite Line Processor - WBL5515 - WBL3001 - ReMark Rack Divider - Scope CV and Audio Oscilloscope
Old 2013-04-19, 00:30

OP, are you an aussie?
Old 2013-04-20, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaShaman View Post
OP, are you an aussie?
More likely a Brit, (pommy). In Britain, I suggest free Reason on the NHS. In the States, ask the President to put that proposition to Congress.

Reason might help avoid folk going off their heads and causing havoc.
Old 2013-04-20, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Seriously. Reason Essentials is just $99 USD. Plus, if you pick it up now you get Reason Essentials 2.0 upgrade free and get audio slicing and quantizing. Can't get more affordable for a pensioner than that!
Somehow grandma and audio slicing don't seem like they belong in the same sentence.
Old 2013-04-20, 15:43

Cool idea, but it would be far too easy to exploit (and thereby hurt the Prop's profit stream), wouldn't it?

"Hey, Random Old Guy -- can I give you money to buy Reason for me?"