Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-04-14, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
I keep forgeting on how to set a mic with reason and how to set a track for a mic recording , same for synth I tryed twice to make a track with it but it's hard to remember how to make it !
I'm not sure what your setup is, but mine is:

My mic is always plugged in to input 1 on my audio interface with phantom power enabled.

I always plug audio interface and controller into same USB ports - and I plug them in before I start up Reason.

Once I start Reason, when i create an audio track, it is automatically set to get input from the mic (audio input 1), and ready to record (sequencer track is record-enabled).

If/when you then create an instrument track, reason disables record on the audio track and enables the newly created instrument instead - so you have to go to the sequencer and select record-enable on the audio track.

Basically, whenever you create a new track, it (the new track) is set to record, and all other tracks are not set to record.

selecting tracks to record is always done in the sequencer.

If it's more complicated than that for your setup, then you might want to rearrange your setup so it all works by default.

For instance, if your mic is not plugged into input 1, then you probably have to manually select the input number every time you record mic.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-04-15, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
I'm not sure what your setup is, but mine is:

My mic is always plugged in to input 1 on my audio interface with phantom power enabled.

I always plug audio interface and controller into same USB ports - and I plug them in before I start up Reason.

Once I start Reason, when i create an audio track, it is automatically set to get input from the mic (audio input 1), and ready to record (sequencer track is record-enabled).

If/when you then create an instrument track, reason disables record on the audio track and enables the newly created instrument instead - so you have to go to the sequencer and select record-enable on the audio track.

Basically, whenever you create a new track, it (the new track) is set to record, and all other tracks are not set to record.

selecting tracks to record is always done in the sequencer.

If it's more complicated than that for your setup, then you might want to rearrange your setup so it all works by default.

For instance, if your mic is not plugged into input 1, then you probably have to manually select the input number every time you record mic.

yep well this is exactly what I mean , you resume very well what I need to do but will I re-found that thread in six months !?!?! so I did this thread to suggest that peoples includs what you exactly did here in there tutos so other users can learn to preset things right and can re-find when needed those infos on youtube

your explaination is sick (in the good way) , you should do some tutorial 4 real !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-04-17, 06:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
what I need to do but will I re-found that thread in six months !?!?!
Watch the movie "Memento"
It will teach you something about memory
I predict that you will like this movie.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano

Last edited by SteveDiverse; 2013-04-17 at 06:42.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:14

Memento !!! I remember a bit that movie because i kind of learn thing the wrong way (end first)

good prediction , I will try to find that dvd 2morow for the weekend movie session

nothing to do with memento but I watched (tucker and dale against evil) yesterday and I was not very hot for it for the first 15 minutes but it turned out to be the finniest movie I watched in a long time ! very very fun once it start at 15 minutes

and to finish nice the shawn of the dead was on tv straight after so I had a nice movie session 4 once insted of mixing beats until 5 in the morning

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !