Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-20, 14:09

Question Recording What U Hear

Hi,

How do l create an audio track recording whatever audio is playing within Reason 6.5?

I am not after clues and things like that, but a bullet list of steps to take. And no offence, but l don't want to discuss the the question itself, just the answer!

And yes, l've checked the manual.
Old 2013-04-20, 14:17

What l mean is, not just creating 1 audio track per instrument, but having any number of instruments playing, and just recording the resulting sound as 1 track.
Old 2013-04-20, 14:24

When Reason 7 appears this will be much easier, but in 6.5 one way is to create a mix channel for your entire session (wire all Audio Tracks, Sequencer Tracks, and Mix Channels to one Mix Channel via Spider Audio and/or ReMix). Then create one audio channel and select the aforementioned mix channel as your audio source. Arm the audio channel for recording. Done.

Check page 386 of the Operation Manual for a graphical representation.

Last edited by EnochLight; 2013-04-20 at 14:27. Reason: ..
Old 2013-04-20, 15:45

Another way to do it is to bounce the master to a new track using File>Bounce Mixer Channels.
Old 2013-04-21, 03:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
Another way to do it is to bounce the master to a new track using File>Bounce Mixer Channels.
Hah! Of course, and much simpler than manually doing it.
Old 2013-04-21, 03:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDontPanic View Post
Hi,

How do l create an audio track recording whatever audio is playing within Reason 6.5?

I am not after clues and things like that, but a bullet list of steps to take. And no offence, but l don't want to discuss the the question itself, just the answer!

And yes, l've checked the manual.
and now I will be an ass RTFM!

This world and forum owes you nothing, especially not telling you how to do the most basic things "in point form" that you could work out for yourself, especially after you have been given the answers but are too lazy/arrogant to use them.

This is the second time you have insulted my help (and that of others) and don't expect more from anyone as I think you have had more than your fair share.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2013-04-21, 03:50

Haha ok see ya mate, i think you need to come back when you're more happy. Make some music or something then come back when you feel happy.