Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2013-04-21, 04:32
superduper10000 superduper10000 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Reason 6.5 Education - MISSING LICENSE NUMBER?!

Hi,

I'm a student and I've bought Reason 6.5 EDUCATION.

I've installed the software, but I'm unable to register the product at Propellerhead's website, because there is no license number in the Reason 6.5 package that I've bought.

I my package there is only Upgrade ID (XXXXXX-XX) and Registration code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) + Ignition key. There is no license number.

When trying to register the product as an 6.5 upgrade, I get the following message:

"Authorization failed

Sorry, but this part of our web site is closed to certain groups of registered users.

If you have an account and can't get in, maybe some form of product registration is needed to get access (see right).

If you would like to login with a different account, go to out login page

Please check out the FAQ's on the web site, and if you still think that you really are entitled to access, please contact the webmaster."


I don't have any previous versions of Reason installed, so why am getting a upgrade version, if that is what my version is? Nowhere on the package that I bought does it say "upgrade version" or anything similar.

I don't like this. Could anyone please help me solve this problem?
  #2  
Old 2013-04-21, 04:42
DynamicDontPanic DynamicDontPanic is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 178
I think l had similar problems, even though the registration was successful, l was given a few weird automated messages as l was blindly blundering through sign up. I'm not saying my situation was the same as yours though.

One test you can do is see if you can export a song in Reason as audio, because an unregistered version cannot do that.

Also, perhaps log out, clear cookies, then log back in again, into your online account.
  #3  
Old 2013-04-21, 04:49
superduper10000 superduper10000 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDontPanic View Post
I think l had similar problems, even though the registration was successful, l was given a few weird automated messages as l was blindly blundering through sign up. I'm not saying my situation was the same as yours though.

One test you can do is see if you can export a song in Reason as audio, because an unregistered version cannot do that.

Also, perhaps log out, clear cookies, then log back in again, into your online account.
No, my problem is not similar to what you describe:

In the package that I've bought there is no license number, only upgrade id and registration code. So, I cannot register because I have no license number, and I cannot register as an upgrade because I have no previous versions of Reason and therefore is not registered with any previous versions.

Nowhere on the package does it say that this is any form of "upgrade version". Why is there no license number? How can i register?
  #4  
Old 2013-04-21, 11:41
n0ahg n0ahg is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,005
Students should purchase the Student/Teacher edition which is not the same as the EDU edition!
  #5  
Old 2013-04-21, 12:03
superduper10000 superduper10000 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ahg View Post
Students should purchase the Student/Teacher edition which is not the same as the EDU edition!
On the package I've bought it's written "EDUCATION" in the upper left corner. Do you think maybe that's written on the boxes for both Student/teacher and EDU edition? The store where I bought it says that the version I got is the correct version for students, (like myself).

Anyway: There is no license number provided with the package, only upgrade-id, so I'm not able to register anyway.

I've sent a mail regarding these problems to Propellerhead support, but it could take days or weeks before Propellerhead can answer, so if anyone here can help me it would be nice.
  #6  
Old 2013-04-21, 12:14
Arsenic's Avatar
Arsenic Arsenic is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 707
The Education version is for Educational establishments. The Student/Teacher version is for Students and Teachers.

Read the information on this page for more details :

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...rticle=edu_faq
  #7  
Old 2013-04-21, 13:01
superduper10000 superduper10000 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
The Education version is for Educational establishments. The Student/Teacher version is for Students and Teachers.

Read the information on this page for more details :

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...rticle=edu_faq
Thanks, but I've read all different info many times already, yet I'm not any wiser.

The store says they've sold me the right version (for students), but you say it's the wrong version, and Propellerhead's website doesn't say whether both packages (student/teacher and schools/institutions) are labeled EDUCATION or if the packages are labeled differently.

Also, there's the "mystery" of the missing license number, replaced by upgrade-id, which makes it unable to get registered and to get this darn thing working... so I can make some music:-)
  #8  
Old 2013-04-21, 13:09
Mate Mate is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduper10000 View Post
Thanks, but I've read all different info many times already, yet I'm not any wiser.

The store says they've sold me the right version (for students), but you say it's the wrong version, and Propellerhead's website doesn't say whether both packages (student/teacher and schools/institutions) are labeled EDUCATION or if the packages are labeled differently.

Also, there's the "mystery" of the missing license number, replaced by upgrade-id, which makes it unable to get registered and to get this darn thing working... so I can make some music:-)
Reason can't know who you're student or teacher!

Seems those guys sold you an upgrade version, go & change it on the full version!
  #9  
Old 2013-04-21, 13:21
Arsenic's Avatar
Arsenic Arsenic is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 707
All the pictures I have seen of the S/T version have actually had something on there about it. Have a look at the picture I've attached.

Now I not sure how old this picture is, and whether it has changed, but this is generally what I have seen, and I've not seen the word Education appear on the packaging for the S/T version.

As for the shop telling you it's the correct version, itd always pays to do your own research....There have been several reported cases on this forum, where a well know shop has sold the wrong versions of Reason to their customers - Incorrect upgrade versions seem to be a popular "mis-sell".

The fact that you only have an Upgrade ID, also seems to suggest that you have been sold an upgrade version instead of the base licence....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IS471181-01-01-BIG.jpg (35.7 KB, 13 views)
  #10  
Old 2013-04-21, 13:22
superduper10000 superduper10000 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
Reason can't know who you're student or teacher!

Seems those guys sold you an upgrade version, go & change it on the full version!
Yeah, I know, but I had to fill out some form for Propellerhead with a copy of my student-ID. (Or maybe that was for Cubase, which I bought at the same time, can't remember.) Gave the filled out and school-stamped forms back to the people at the store.

About the package being an upgrade version: It is strange that the word "upgrade" or something similar isn't mentioned anywhere on the package. It says it is Reason 6.5 Education, that's it.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Propellerhead to answer/resolve questions related to problems such as these? Just hope I don't have to wait weeks for this to resolve.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with missing Reason 6 license number mikedmpls Phead User Forum (read only) 0 2011-10-10 05:18
License number for Reason adapted sightseer General Forum (read only) 4 2010-06-17 17:39
Reason Adapted won't open, asks for license number jef1f76 Phead User Forum (read only) 0 2009-10-06 21:47
did not get license number for reason adapted bunnymen General Forum (read only) 2 2009-08-03 14:31
license number please for reason 2.0 sonic2 General Forum (read only) 9 2002-07-28 17:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:21.