Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-04-18, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVprod View Post
I think 'Save and optimize' in the file menu does this
That would be logical, so I tried it now, but unfortunately, it doesn't do that.
Old 2013-04-18, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCorza View Post
I'm not sure if this is possible and I just don't know how to do it, but what I'd like to see is the ability to remove unused parts of audio clips without having to bounce them. Let's say I have some vocals that I don't like that much and I only want to use some of the words or phrases, so I don't need the whole X mb of vocals in my project file.
I don't think there is any way of doing this apart from manually? How would Reason be able to 'tell' what you wanted to keep?!
Old 2013-04-18, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETalk View Post
I don't think there is any way of doing this apart from manually? How would Reason be able to 'tell' what you wanted to keep?!
Sadly I know nothing about programming, but if I had to think of a way, then right click on an audio slice and ditch everything that's outside.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:21

Quote:
Hi,

Very simple request for the PHeads.

Can we have the option to save Reason files with or without Audio clips please? This would address the large file size problems that a lot of people are experiencing and also improve collaboration possibilities for users.

I think that a lot of users might be interested in having this feature in Reason.

Please add your support!!

Matt
+ 1 billion!!!

Reason 7.0.1 / Mac Pro 8 core 16 gigabyte Ram / M-Audio Firewire 410 / Studio UAD Solo 2 Quad / Behringer BCF2000 / Ua Distressor / Yamaha HFS80/ Blamsoft Resampler / Bitspeek LPC Vocoder / Ozone Maximizer / Rough Compressor / Softube FET / RPdistort Effect / RPsubboombass / Synapse Antidote / Korg Polysix / Quadelectra Stereo Splitter / Selig Curve / ReQ131

https://facebook.com/lemecdj
https://twitter.com/karimlemecdj
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.youtube.com/user/kynziomusic
Old 2013-04-21, 10:07

Quote:
Sadly I know nothing about programming, but if I had to think of a way, then right click on an audio slice and ditch everything that's outside.
Hi yeah I don't know much about programming either. Doesn't that feature exist in the edit menu? I'm not sure what you meant by an audio slice, do you mean a clip or a slice in a rex file?
Old 2013-04-21, 11:14

Quote:
I'm not sure what you meant by an audio slice, do you mean a clip or a slice in a rex file?
It's better if I show you.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the slice on this picture has 3 words in it, but it's 70 mb large, because it also contains the whole vocal line. It would be great if there was a feature to drop everything that's not included in this slice. I know that I could bounce it to a new track to reduce the file size, but when I need to do it multiple times, then it becomes a pain.

Old 2013-04-21, 12:23

Quote:
It's better if I show you.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the slice on this picture has 3 words in it, but it's 70 mb large, because it also contains the whole vocal line. It would be great if there was a feature to drop everything that's not included in this slice. I know that I could bounce it to a new track to reduce the file size, but when I need to do it multiple times, then it becomes a pain.

There is a feature to do that. "Bounce Clip to New Recording" then "Delete unused recording". It works on multiple clips at once.

Last edited by JiggeryPokery; 2013-04-21 at 12:25.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery View Post
There is a feature to do that. "Bounce Clip to New Recording" then "Delete unused recording". It works on multiple clips at once.
Damn, thanks a lot! I'll try it out tonight to see how it works. I always bounced things between L and R markers from the menu, it's a really slow way to deal with this.