Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-23, 22:11

New Sequencer !

We need a new sequencer :
More colors, ability to choose between 3 background color (White, Grey, Black), New Automations (as it is, its a mess), folder tracks, same colors on sequencer and on mixer, etc, etc, etc.

There's a lot to do, so please props, let's go.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:58

plus editing features, markers, etc, etc

yeah, the sequencer list is growing. i think there's an 'official' thread around somewhere. saw one recently.

fingers crossed for R8. now that midi out is out of the way, along with integrated recycle, looks like the road ahead is pretty much open for stuff like this.
Old 2013-04-24, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriasMusic View Post
We need a new sequencer :
More colors, ability to choose between 3 background color (White, Grey, Black), New Automations (as it is, its a mess), folder tracks, same colors on sequencer and on mixer, etc, etc, etc.

There's a lot to do, so please props, let's go.
+1 also please add real step time entry
Old 2013-04-24, 07:46

I just wish it was easy like FL Studio. . .

Add clip (Left-Click) Delete clip (Right-Click) same thing with drawing notes in the midi editor as well. . .
Old 2013-04-24, 10:26

it's not even a ripple in the pond but here my own 5 cent:

1) more colours
2) different automation options and not just vector (the block automation that we had in the old sequencer is still there but it's arkward and should be much more readily accesible)
3) step resolution fix (currently the sequencer randomly and actively changes the step resolution when switching from main view to editig view or even just when drawing an event - if I want 1/4 resolution, I want it for all instances and don't want the sequencer to change to 1/1 or 1/16 when going to editing mode for example)
4) drag & drop for audio!
5) slicing also in editing mode
6) velocity drawing for multiple notes at the same time (maybe its already there but I have so far failed to be able to draw more than one velity event at the same time)
Old 2013-04-24, 12:03

Ghost parts - so you only need to change the original part and it updates all the 'ghosts' made from it.
Old 2013-06-26, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifunk View Post
Ghost parts - so you only need to change the original part and it updates all the 'ghosts' made from it.
scifunk.. add your +1 here please!
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...ighlight=ghost
Old 2013-06-26, 04:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifunk View Post
Have a look at "blocks".
Old 2013-06-26, 06:53

The colours really do my head in - there are some really unusable colours where I can't make out the grid lines beneath... I think there's a light green which I'm always changing. I'm sure it's not just me, I had my eyes tested recently, they're fine!
Old 2013-06-26, 13:36

Ghost parts are not the same as Blocks (or "Block", as the feature should really be called). Yes, you can repeat elements, but it doesn't have the same flexibility as individually ghosted clips (they are monolithic, you can't edit in place, can't even edit them while playing smoothly, can't transpose individual clips, etc.) Comparing the two approaches makes old Atari Cubase seems like Ableton. A closer equivalent might be pattern automation (Matrix, Redrum, Rex) but they bring their own issues. Or you know, just run with how it works and be more assertive and committal in your track laying.