Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-09-19, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasHG View Post
Actually not true! Click the name on the ID8 and at the bottom you'll see "Browse Instruments...". You can also just click Cmd+B (Mac) or Ctrl+B (PC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarktw View Post
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! (wait a minute .. Jiggery already has that covered) - Uh, blow my mind!
Well I'll be jiggered, and pokered.

Consider myself thoroughly pwnd on that one

Jeeeeez, how long, as the saying goes.... and that been there?!!
Old 2011-09-19, 04:24

I hope they can fix this because it is really odd that if I want to import midi to a track it makes another track and imports it to that which is so counter productive to work flow which is what Reason 6 is all about.

Example. I want to try out some of these killer midi fills for drums so I import some midi and it does not import to the track (I need it to), it imports the midi to a track I never made or wanted, quit illogical and very frustrating and say I want to try out 3 or 4 files, Reason will make 3 or 4 tracks that I don't need and put the midi files on them and I will have to drag them over to the track I want them on and then delete all the tracks Reason made just to import midi files on the track I was working on. Its quit ridicules and all that needs to be done is to put and option in the popup menu when you right click that will (Import Midi file to this track). SIMPLE! You then go to the folder the midi files are in and find the one or ones you want and they then import to that track.

Now you have midi on the track you wanted it on no harm, the computer did not crash, the world did not stop.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE!
Old 2011-09-19, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaSVI View Post
I hope they can fix this because it is really odd that if I want to import midi to a track it makes another track and imports it to that which is so counter productive to work flow which is what Reason 6 is all about.

Example. I want to try out some of these killer midi fills for drums so I import some midi and it does not import to the track (I need it to), it imports the midi to a track I never made or wanted, quit illogical and very frustrating and say I want to try out 3 or 4 files, Reason will make 3 or 4 tracks that I don't need and put the midi files on them and I will have to drag them over to the track I want them on and then delete all the tracks Reason made just to import midi files on the track I was working on. Its quit ridicules and all that needs to be done is to put and option in the popup menu when you right click that will (Import Midi file to this track). SIMPLE! You then go to the folder the midi files are in and find the one or ones you want and they then import to that track.

Now you have midi on the track you wanted it on no harm, the computer did not crash, the world did not stop.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE!

"Never reply before coffee... never reply before coffee"
Old 2012-05-29, 14:17

My friend used to have Reason 3 I think, and midi tracks or track were just imported without an instrument assigned. Then in Reason 4 I think it gave each midi track a Combinator. I have just bought Reason 6 and find that each midi track opens an ID8 instrument. Please change it back to one of the other versions!
Old 2012-05-29, 14:59

I kind of see ID8 as Reason's "default general midi device"
I think it makes good sense to behave the way it does.

But I don't import a lot of midi so...my opinion ain't worth much I guess
Old 2012-05-29, 16:40

Import and dont forget about midi preview!
Now I must open Reaper with choosed virtual midi cable and without audio, open Reason, choose instrument in advanced midi menu and browsing midi-files in the Reaper with preview in the Reason. Why cannot make direct preview from Reason browser?
Old 2013-03-10, 00:22

Hey +1 for me on this. I would like to have the option of not having ID8s assigned when importing midi
Old 2013-03-10, 01:08

Ever since Mattias spanked my furry arse above (thank goodness for all the downy cushioning ), I've used his browse instruments trick a lot for importing MIDI. It is a substantial timesaver once you're aware of it.

However, I still miss the old (Reason 3-5) method of MIDI import creating an empty Combinator for each seperate track in the MIDI file. I can't see why that can't be provided again as a Prefs option, as loading MIDI files can be painfully slow at times with the ID8 approach - it is a sample-based device, after all.
Old 2013-04-24, 18:32

when I import a midi file, I usually don't want to use the ID8.

the midi information is conveyed so incredibly well, it's a shame that you can choose the instrument that the midi info is controlling. don'cha think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaSVI View Post
When importing midi files Reason/Record makes a new track with an ID8 on it. Please update so if you click on a track you want the midi to be imported too it will then be imported to that track and NOT make a new track with an ID8 on it.

Thanks.
Old 2013-04-24, 18:33

Please help us, oh gurus of the propellerheads nation...!!!