Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-04-24, 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
I see , your idear is really complet compared to my suggestion and I did not see your thread before because I would have post there otherwise .

yep auto-save and versions are wicked features and very good to work without the stress of doing something dumb or a electrical brutale cutdown

I vote 4 your idear !
Hey Charly, I'm not trying to diminish your idea in any way or tell you that you should have used the search function! I was just sharing my suggestion to see if it would work for you as well as yours. :-)
USA
Old 2013-04-24, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
Hey Charly, I'm not trying to diminish your idea in any way or tell you that you should have used the search function! I was just sharing my suggestion to see if it would work for you as well as yours. :-)

I got that dont worry , but I realised by reading your thread that it's been well thinked so I vote for your way , I mean if they make it the way I mentioned it's cool but you have more knoledge and been wondering how do make this just better and with more logic so I just choose the best option by voting for your idear

I would not say that if I was thinking it would not improved or make my workflow better but it's pretty much a point blank thread you did that cover up the problem very well and bring a logic solution so it's solid 2 me

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-04-25, 02:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetersus View Post
Like a snapshot or version control?
Version control would be pretty cool, especially if it were handled within a single file, as opposed to making separate files.

Create a new file and it starts 1.0.0

Reason could do autosaves at a set increment - creating 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc.

hitting save during a session would create 1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.0

after closing a file, next open would start 2.0.0

It would then be nice to have a version manager that would let you 'save version as' and pick any previous #.#.# version and save it out as a new name.

The optimize function could then be changed to include an option to purge all versions but the most recent #.#.#

This could quickly make files very large, so it could be limited to a certain number of versions before you purge - or even only keep the x.x.# versions within a session.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-04-25, 02:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
Version control would be pretty cool, especially if it were handled within a single file, as opposed to making separate files.

Create a new file and it starts 1.0.0

Reason could do autosaves at a set increment - creating 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc.

hitting save during a session would create 1.1.0, 1.2.0, 1.3.0

after closing a file, next open would start 2.0.0

It would then be nice to have a version manager that would let you 'save version as' and pick any previous #.#.# version and save it out as a new name.

The optimize function could then be changed to include an option to purge all versions but the most recent #.#.#

This could quickly make files very large, so it could be limited to a certain number of versions before you purge - or even only keep the x.x.# versions within a session.

+1 to all of this - but I wouldn't think that the file size would get too huge because for the most part no audio would need to be copied with each 'version' (only if you wrote new audio files).
USA