Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-25, 14:06

Anyone want to help with some lyrics?

Heres the song I recently produced
https://soundcloud.com/ananta-offici...s-instrumental

I added teh vinyl samples to add nostalgia, the songs about a reignited love the middle of the song is kinda like you're trying to move on
the violins fade, then they come back even stronger, and thats when you realise YOU AINT EVEN OVER HER BRO
the embers reignite
I need some ideas on what to write, the story is in my mind but some idaes would be great, cheers guys
Old 2013-04-25, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emada View Post
Heres the song I recently produced
https://soundcloud.com/ananta-offici...s-instrumental

I added teh vinyl samples to add nostalgia, the songs about a reignited love the middle of the song is kinda like you're trying to move on
the violins fade, then they come back even stronger, and thats when you realise YOU AINT EVEN OVER HER BRO
the embers reignite
I need some ideas on what to write, the story is in my mind but some idaes would be great, cheers guys
I think you're already a long way there.

"You Ain't Even Over Her" is a great song title, and also would work well for the chorus hook.

How about a lyric that is kind of a story? Like the first verse is like reminiscing about the good times, second is about the problems and the breakup, then the chorus, then maybe a verse where you're realizing that you screwed up and you're gonna make it right? I mean you could try to make each first stand alone on one idea.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-04-25, 18:56

"the embers reignite"

I would work this exact phrase in to the lyrics. Just seems appropriate somewhere, given your theme.
Old 2013-04-25, 19:47

Listening to the mood of the music I came at the 'YOU AINT EVEN OVER HER' from a slightly different perspective ...

The guy who's tried to move on thinking about the women he's been with after 'the one' and how something about each one always reminds him of 'the one' which leads to unfavourable comparisons and those relationships failing.

Last verse and chorus has him admitting to himself who he wants and telling himself "You ain't moving on / You ain't even over her'
Old 2013-04-25, 22:16

Thanks for the responses guys.
I'm really looking for something abstract, similar lyrics to artists like Bonobo and Active Child. I'll keep it all in mind.