Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-08-10, 01:04

Angry Reason 6.5 keeps dropping the Midi,from my Akai MPK 88.

I am running windows 7. For some strange reason my Akai MPK 88 won't show up. Second of all, my midi keeps dropping out. I have to close out the program,disconnect the controller, and then search for the midi input,manually.
Old 2012-08-10, 03:06

Could be a bunch of things. I had a few issues with my MPK49 a few years ago when it first came out.

Akai had regular firmware upgrades back then until they just stopped.
I suspect it having to do with either f*ckups during the actual firmware upgrade process for some people or people hacking the system (for whatever reason) and Akai got fed up with that.

The upgrades are still legitimately available though via Vyzor.
Go here http://www.vyzor.com/support/viewtop...7bd62fd7014c8b for more info.

Check your firmware, if it's 1.04 or less, you might wanna look into that. The latest version is 1.05 (for the MPK49 atleast).

Another (far more obvious) reason could be your USB cable. Replace it and see if it solves your problem.

If none of the above applies, go to Akai Pro's site and download/install the Remote files manually, here http://www.akaipro.com/mpk88/?tt=5
Old 2012-08-14, 21:30

My mpk25 will stop working for bursts of time. The keys will go dead for several seconds and it will usually come back on, but sometimes requires a quick replug
Old 2013-04-30, 20:48

Angry Akai MPK 88 dropout

I have the same problem, the keys go dead for around 20 seconds then control comes back. Also, I cannot find a way to assign the kong pads to the pads on the keyboard. Does anyone have a solution to either of these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggscott View Post
I am running windows 7. For some strange reason my Akai MPK 88 won't show up. Second of all, my midi keeps dropping out. I have to close out the program,disconnect the controller, and then search for the midi input,manually.