Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-01, 03:55

please help with setting up my hardware synth (DX7) with reason 7

Ok I know this has probably been answered somewhere and if so please direct me to the thread, however Im looking for tutorials and reading the manual and I cant get my hardware synth to work with reason. I have a yamaha dx7 which plugs into the computer via a "usb UNO midi interface", I have created a midi device and selected that interface as well as in the preferences selected that interface in the midi clock in and out... Im not hearing anything when I press keys nor are any midi lights coming on. Any help would be very ... well... helpful!

* Also I use an akai mpk 49 midi controller as well which works fine to control reason, can I set it up so that I can just trigger the DX7 with the mpk?