Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-30, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerfire View Post
Thanks for your help, Your the best thanks a mil...!!
No problem dude
Old 2013-05-01, 00:14

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsanteLawla View Post
now make an audio track in reason and you should have 16 inputs to select from, select the channels your VST is using and there you go.
Hello AsanteLawla, can i ask you a question please

I finally had time to sit down and follow your advice but when i get to the bit you mention above, i press record but when i listen back to the resulting recording, the audio level is very low compared to the original sound in Kontakt i was recording.

I thought maybe there might be a volume difference between the internal audio driver on my MBPro and Soundflower but after trying again and again, i cant figure it out )

Koshdukai already explained it to me on the Reason Beta forum but since Reason 7 is now released, i cant access it

So if your reading this Koshdukai, would help me a lot if you could through your two cents in as well

Thanks peeps...
Old 2013-05-01, 02:04

Quote:
Koshdukai already explained it to me on the Reason Beta forum but since Reason 7 is now released, i cant access it
The beta forum is still open for another week. You should still be able to access it. heres the thread
Old 2013-05-01, 02:11

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVprod View Post
The beta forum is still open for another week. You should still be able to access it. heres the thread
Well done, big thanks
Old 2013-05-01, 09:31

Smile No need for VSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinden View Post
The biggest question as always. 90% of all Reason users wants VST support. Will it be available in Reason 7 and if not, why?
...and 87.25% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't see a need for VSTs in Reason, REs suffice.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:31

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhanley View Post
...and 87.25% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I don't see a need for VSTs in Reason, REs suffice.
We dont care about what "we dont need"

We only care about what we want.

AND your a bit late to this party.

Make a cup of tea and spend some time reading all the comments in the thread.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:33

I wish Reason could work as a host in Rewire so make it easier to route in Numerology or Live. Other than that I really don't need plugin support in Reason.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:41

Quote:
Hello AsanteLawla, can i ask you a quetion please

I finally d time to sit down and follow your advice but when i get to the bit you mention above, i press record but when i listen back to the resulting recording, the audio level is very low compared to the original sound in Kontakt i was recording.

I thought maybe there might be a volume difference between the internal audio driver on my MBPro and Soundflower but after trying again and again, i cant figure it out )

So if your reading this Koshdukai, would help me a lot if you could through your two cents in as well

Thanks peeps...
Thats strange im not infront of my comouter now but the only thing I can think of is maybe you need to go to the mixer window In kontakt and make sure the "actual device" your using has its output set to anything other than 1/2. Your main out might be set to 1/2 which is why its playing so loud but quiet when your recording try setting that to someybing other than 1/2.

The konakt main output might be set to the same as reason which may or may not cause a problem or double check reasons output is different to the device in kontakts output as this mayalso cause problems

Last edited by AsanteLawla; 2013-05-01 at 12:48.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiftof View Post
I wish Reason could work as a host in Rewire so make it easier to route in Numerology or Live. Other than that I really don't need plugin support.
I like rewire but apart from it being a resource hog having to open 2 DAWs its also another step in working and can bring down your wntire project when something crashes (Which Is counter productive to the whole tank extension initiative). I prefer to just use vsts stand alone and route thwir sound into reason the old fashipned way. So effectively using them as outboard effects and live instruments.
Old 2013-05-24, 04:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinden View Post
The biggest question as always. 90% of all Reason users wants VST support. Will it be available in Reason 7 and if not, why?

I have contacted all the major VST developers and no one will make their products for "Rack Extensions". I am so tired of having to use Cubase for VST. Rewire, yeah sure but... it sucks.
Propellerheads need to stop focusing on selling refills and start focusing on selling software.

Not having vst support is a HUGE downfall for Reason.

Premium sound quality comes from top vsts, there are known vsts that are providing that "big sound"

If Reason had full vst support, then I believe that it would no doubt be one of the best producer tools in the industry. Not having vst support is why I had to make the switch to Cubase and now my tracks are sounding much better.

Also I would like to mix my tracks in Reason with the use of VSTs, major sound engineers have their mixing tools of choice and I don't think they should be limited to reason's mixing tools. Yet exporting, rewiring, to mix your track may be great for a final mix, but I think its too much for production work where you want to add your favorite vsts plugs to get your sound right.

I would like to be able to utilize antares, waves, and other bundles without having to rewire and save multiple sessions while hoping my computer doesn't crash.

I have noticed that Cubase has better sound quality than Reason when it comes to mixing, and it may just be the difference in using vst or not.

Audio recording looks great, new mixer looks great, but Reason is missing a HUGE component by overlooking vst. I want to add the sound of addictive drums layered with the strings of Garriton and chords from Omnisphere and leads from Rapture.

I don't want to have to tweak, tweak some more and retweak just to compete with the producer next door who has better sound quality using Fruity Loops and no mixing skills.

If Reason is really serious about dominating the production software world, I think they should STRONGLY consider adding VST support very soon. There are the ONLY popular mdid production tool that does not support vst.

Last edited by metaphor17; 2013-05-24 at 04:39.