Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-01, 21:31

Midi export no sound

I'm working with Reason 6 and made a very simple piano part.
So i've got the "advanced interface", the "mixer" and the "NN-XT" for my piano sound and that's it. When i go to "File" and select "Export midi file" the midi file generated is only 4kb in size and 0 seconds long... Does anybody know what is going on? I'm working on a Mac, SnoW Leopard
Old 2013-05-01, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbakfiets View Post
I'm working with Reason 6 and made a very simple piano part.
So i've got the "advanced interface", the "mixer" and the "NN-XT" for my piano sound and that's it. When i go to "File" and select "Export midi file" the midi file generated is only 4kb in size and 0 seconds long... Does anybody know what is going on? I'm working on a Mac, SnoW Leopard
It's absolutely normal. Midi contains notes and some controls but NOT AUDIO .
Any sequencer (eg logic) would have generated a file 4kb.

You have to export audio to hear something

Reason 7.0.1 / Mac Pro 8 core 16 gigabyte Ram / M-Audio Firewire 410 / Studio UAD Solo 2 Quad / Behringer BCF2000 / Ua Distressor / Yamaha HFS80/ Blamsoft Resampler / Bitspeek LPC Vocoder / Ozone Maximizer / Rough Compressor / Softube FET / RPdistort Effect / RPsubboombass / Synapse Antidote / Korg Polysix / Quadelectra Stereo Splitter / Selig Curve / ReQ131

https://facebook.com/lemecdj
https://twitter.com/karimlemecdj
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.youtube.com/user/kynziomusic
Old 2013-05-01, 22:40

But i also have downloaded some other midi files and they play fine..!
And if I import my homemade midi file into reason again there is nothing!?
Old 2013-05-01, 22:53

Mmmm, when I import my reason made midi file into garageband or Sibelius i hear in both programs only the first chord and thats it...
Old 2013-05-03, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinzio View Post
It's absolutely normal. Midi contains notes and some controls but NOT AUDIO .
Any sequencer (eg logic) would have generated a file 4kb.

You have to export audio to hear something

Mmmm, when I import my reason made midi file into garageband or Sibelius i hear in both programs only the first chord and thats it...
Old 2013-05-03, 15:00

Got it...! I had to put the E marker of end at the end...
Old 2013-05-03, 20:53

Forgive me if I point out that something you said in post #6 is slightly misleading. When I, (and I assume everybody else), export MIDI the whole song as exported as a type 1 MIDI file. Even if a track is not selected it is exported. It does not matter where the loop markers are, but it is important to place the end marker right at the end of all the MIDI clips. I think you meant to say that you had the end marker at the beginning. Please say you did or bang goes my theory.