Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-04, 02:14

Exclamation issue with Axiom Pro 49 and Reason 7

having some issues with my Axiom pro 49 in use with Reason 7. Reason 7 isn't auto detecting the Axiom Pro, and I am having to manually add it, which isn't a big deal. i can use the keys but not the knobs and faders. I've gone through all types of uninstalls and re-installs of both Reason 7 and and my Axiom Pro 49 with no joy. I've gone through the Remote on Reason 7 and it shows the knobs are mapped to the combinator but are not functioning. I'm thinking that the Hypercontrol was not installed to reason 7 yet (m-audio reps called me and informed me that the individual DAW companies are responsible for updating the HyperControl). Just wondering if anyone else is having any of the same issues?
Old 2013-05-04, 04:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraonKnight84 View Post
having some issues with my Axiom pro 49 in use with Reason 7. Reason 7 isn't auto detecting the Axiom Pro, and I am having to manually add it, which isn't a big deal. i can use the keys but not the knobs and faders. I've gone through all types of uninstalls and re-installs of both Reason 7 and and my Axiom Pro 49 with no joy. I've gone through the Remote on Reason 7 and it shows the knobs are mapped to the combinator but are not functioning. I'm thinking that the Hypercontrol was not installed to reason 7 yet (m-audio reps called me and informed me that the individual DAW companies are responsible for updating the HyperControl). Just wondering if anyone else is having any of the same issues?
after installing are you changing axioms preset? i think its like 1 or 10 and it'll be mapped if not try all of them i think theres 20 one will work
Old 2013-05-04, 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEnvisions View Post
after installing are you changing axioms preset? i think its like 1 or 10 and it'll be mapped if not try all of them i think theres 20 one will work
yea i have, there's actually 2 presets (17 & 18) and neither are working. think i'm going to try and switch cables, noticed one is a bit lose.
Old 2013-05-04, 13:39

I had the same problem with my Axiom Pro 49 - I never found the solution either. I ended up getting a KeyRig 49 and haven't looked back since. I know that may not be your case, but I would suggest trying your computer's MIDI drivers (not sure what OS you're using).
Old 2013-05-19, 12:09

Any solution to this problem ?

i have the same issue with Reason 7 and Axiom Pro 49

Br,

MIKE

But the weird part is is used to work ! but then suddenly it doesnt !!!
Old 2013-05-19, 14:00

If you're on a PC the auto-detection is not so much a problem with Reason but more so a problem with Windows! I've had this issue on my M-Audio Axiom and Axiom Pro keyboards in the past and it's due to multiple usb port installs of the Axiom. Every time you plug your Axiom in to a new usb port then it installs a new driver. For whatever reason when you have multiple installs, Reason won't auto-detect your Axiom.

Refer to this post and it will tell you how to fix it.

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=176379

After you get if fixed I recommend using your Axiom Pro on the same usb port each time you use it so you don't repeat the problem.

HTH
Youtube
Old 2013-05-19, 14:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhyo View Post
If you're on a PC the auto-detection is not so much a problem with Reason but more so a problem with Windows! I've had this issue on my M-Audio Axiom and Axiom Pro keyboards in the past and it's due to multiple usb port installs of the Axiom. Every time you plug your Axiom in to a new usb port then it installs a new driver. For whatever reason when you have multiple installs, Reason won't auto-detect your Axiom.

Refer to this post and it will tell you how to fix it.

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=176379

After you get if fixed I recommend using your Axiom Pro on the same usb port each time you use it so you don't repeat the problem.

HTH
This is something I had to do recently. I had pulled my PC out to replace a SATA cable, and couldn't remember which port I had previously used for the Axiom Pro.

I've just had a quick look at the linked thread, and markhyo's post (#6) is spot on. Follow those instructions and you should be good to go.
Old 2013-05-19, 19:32

Mine is working too now !

i fixed it before i read this post - but for sure it had to do with the multiple UBS port installations.

I only took me 5 hours to fix :-(
Old 2013-05-19, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by majkeinar View Post
i fixed it before i read this post - but for sure it had to do with the multiple UBS port installations.

I only took me 5 hours to fix :-(
As long as you got it fixed, that is the main thing.

Have fun
Old 2013-09-11, 08:09

I was having the same issue but now there is a new problem. I re-installed the axiom pro stuff and now there is only the one driver instead of two. The problem im having now is that the only option for port out while adding a keyboard is "axiom pro midi". If i open Thor, the display shows all the thor stuff but but I am unable to control anything? any help thanks

Last edited by joshuarambeau; 2013-09-11 at 08:11.