Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-05-07, 08:00

WAV-Samples unsupportet format in Reason? Help!

Hello there

I got one problem. I bought a couple of samples in the internet. Now i wanted to put them into reason, but the problem is, that reason 6 doesen't read these. just some of them.

can you tell me what i can do, that reason reads all of them? There shows up: "unsupportet format", but they're all .wav-Format like the other ones. what's the reason for that, that i can't play around with all .wav-formats?

is there any programm to convert them into the right format? my problem is, there are samples around 5 GB, so i need a tool where i can put the whole pack with the folder-struckture in there. or i take me one day to convert them all by myself :S

any help?

Thanks!!
Old 2013-05-07, 08:20

Hi Bud

Not sure if this would help.but there is a free program called Audacity,I use to convert my Wav files to MP3 (have to download an add on for that)

Im no expert at this stuff,but seems odd you got WAV file and cannot use it in Reason (did you load it into a sampler ) NN -XT as a example

Think Audacity handles quite a few formats,so you could try that and convert all in Wav via Audacity

Don'tget me wrong,but sounds like there might be corrupted files there,stopping Reason using them,or some sort of digital copyright

Hope that helps
Old 2013-05-07, 08:36

i can listen to all them unsupportet formats in winamp for example. i know audacity, but that takes me too long to put thousends of samples in there to convert them.

thanks, but it takes too long with audacity i got some converters, but i wanna know, what the problem is, so that i can have a look on that specific problem. and maybe can help me a propellerheads-supporter

P.S. i put them in Redrum or NN-19 (to pitch the 808 in there)
Old 2013-05-07, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrope View Post
i can listen to all them unsupportet formats in winamp for example. i know audacity, but that takes me too long to put thousends of samples in there to convert them.

thanks, but it takes too long with audacity i got some converters, but i wanna know, what the problem is, so that i can have a look on that specific problem. and maybe can help me a propellerheads-supporter

P.S. i put them in Redrum or NN-19 (to pitch the 808 in there)
About that you´ll find some threads here in forum. (floatingpoint waves, 32-bit waves, special markers in waves ...)
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2013-05-07, 09:59

Reason does not support 32 bit wav files. That's most likely the problem.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-05-07, 10:30

What Phasys said

It's the same issue for CD players when you try and play a 24bit 44.1 track on a 16bit player... just doesn't work how it should.

Red Queen - 10 Band 3 Mode EQ: >>Click here to get it <<

ReQ131 - 31 Band Graphic EQ: >>Click here to get it <<

Facebookers find us >> here << || Soundcloud: >> listen <<
Old 2013-05-07, 10:53

i thank you all, but i can't find anything with the search-function. anyone got a link to another thread? i tried a couple of combinations to find it :S sorry guys. in other forums i normally find things, but over here...negative :S

Last edited by gdrope; 2013-05-07 at 11:28.
Old 2013-05-07, 11:43

No need for any other thread bud

If you copy the sample that isn't working to your desktop, and check the file properties (Ctrl/click for Mac, right/Click for PC) and you should have some more specifics. Should tell you what bitrate the sample is. Like Phasys said, you would expect to see possibly '32-bit audio' or something similar in the details. If it is 32 bit is is too high a resolution, so you need to down-bitrate convert (aka dither) to 24bit, to try and keep as much content as possible.

You could alternatively convert that non working WAV into MP3 or another acceptable format as a workaround maybe?

Red Queen - 10 Band 3 Mode EQ: >>Click here to get it <<

ReQ131 - 31 Band Graphic EQ: >>Click here to get it <<

Facebookers find us >> here << || Soundcloud: >> listen <<
Old 2013-05-07, 13:29

ok, i will try it to dither them to 24 bit. will propellerheads fix that problem in the future, that i can choose it like in cubase? i know, it's not necessary to have 32bit but i think, the option should be available

i hate mp3 format. maybe i will find a good "ditherprogramm/32 to 24bit converter" i will have a look on it, when i get home. thanks so far!
Old 2013-05-07, 13:35

Try "goldwave". it's free and very easy to use. It has a simple "batch" editor and, can handle many formats.