Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-11, 18:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmesadie View Post
Lets say I record a track that's not to a metronome or loop, but is totally freeform.

How would I then adjust the timing throughout the track to match my beats, but not retime my original material.

My initial thought was I could simply record me hitting the tap button to match the beats as I played through, but then I realized that would result in the original source being retimed (and stretched) rather than any loops I apply on top being retimed to the original material.

More or less I want to adjust where the beats hit/the bar positions without affecting recorded audio.

Any suggestions?
Yes.This is fairly straight forward to do in audio track 'Single Mode'.
It really depends on wether your audio is tuned or not?
If you take speech for example,which is pretty random in timing,single mode can do that?
Otherwise,why would you need to qauntize a freeform piece?

--------------LUCEO-NON-URO---------------