Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-05-11, 19:28

Exclamation Reason 7 Rewire problems

I just purchased the Reason 7 upgrade from 6.5 this past week. I want to rewire reason with my other daws as well, but it doesn't show that it can?? When I installed it, I saw nothing about rewire, but wanted to know if there is something I need to get in order to rewire!?
Old 2013-05-11, 19:46

you have to re-wire from your other daws, im assuming you've got either cubase, sonar, fl stdio etc, you have to set up the rewire in them,
Old 2013-05-11, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayylouis865 View Post
I just purchased the Reason 7 upgrade from 6.5 this past week. I want to rewire reason with my other daws as well, but it doesn't show that it can?? When I installed it, I saw nothing about rewire, but wanted to know if there is something I need to get in order to rewire!?
It's the other programs that rewire to Reason. If you open your other program first and Reason doesn't show up then you have a problem.

Grum.
Old 2013-05-11, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chregg View Post
you have to re-wire from your other daws, im assuming you've got either cubase, sonar, fl stdio etc, you have to set up the rewire in them,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbleweed View Post
It's the other programs that rewire to Reason. If you open your other program first and Reason doesn't show up then you have a problem.

Grum.
Snap! .

Grum.
Old 2013-05-11, 20:03

and don't forget 64-bit ReWire needs to be implemented in both the slave application and your host, if your host is a 32-bit application you have to install Reason with the /32 switch (RTFM )
Old 2013-05-12, 03:06

RE: Resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbitz View Post
and don't forget 64-bit ReWire needs to be implemented in both the slave application and your host, if your host is a 32-bit application you have to install Reason with the /32 switch (RTFM )
You hit the hammer on the nail. When Logic...pretty much installed itself...the "run in 32-bit mode" was checked. I didn't know Logic was 64 bit....Good things to come my friends. Thank you!
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-06-06, 17:57

I too just upgraded to Reason 7 and Rewire is not working now. It was working perfectly fine before using Logic. When I launch Reason after firing up Logic it usually automatically goes right into Rewire mode, but it is not right now and I haven't a clue why.
Old 2013-06-06, 17:59

Mine is not working since I upgraded to Reason 7. Any ideas why or what can be done?
Old 2013-06-06, 17:59

How do you install Reason with a 32 bit switch?
This may be my problem
Old 2013-06-21, 22:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemalWade View Post
Mine is not working since I upgraded to Reason 7. Any ideas why or what can be done?
I think this is your answer...

From the manual (page 21):

Using Reason with ReWire on a 64-bit operating system
If you are running a 64-bit OS, Reason will automatically install and run in 64-bit mode. However, if you are
using ReWire, there are a couple of extra considerations:
• Both the ReWire host and Reason must run in the same mode (32-bit or 64-bit).
• To use ReWire in 64-bit mode, the ReWire host application must have support for 64-bit
ReWire. If not, you need to run both programs in 32-bit mode.
Here's how you run Reason in 32-bit mode under Mac and Windows, respectively:

Mac
1. Make sure Reason isn't running.
2. Select the Reason application in the Finder and choose "Get Info" from the File menu.
3. Turn on the option "Open in 32-bit Mode".
The next time you launch Reason it will run in 32-bit mode.

Windows
Under Windows, you need to install a separate 32-bit version of Reason:
1. Open the Reason DVD (or the Reason download package, if you have downloaded the
program from the web) in the Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click the "Install Reason.exe" file and select "Create Shortcut".
If the file is on the DVD, you will be asked if you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop - click
Yes.
3. Locate the shortcut you just created, right-click it and select "Properties".
4. On the "Shortcut" page of the Properties dialog, locate the Target field and add " /32"
(without the quotes) at the very end.
The Target field should say "D:\Install Reason.exe" /32
(although the drive letter may not be "D", depending on your setup).
5. Click OK.
6. Double click the shortcut file to install a 32-bit version of Reason.
The installed Reason version will have the name "Reason (32)" on the Start menu and desktop. You
can have the regular 64-bit version installed at the same time if you like.