Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-05-15, 04:38

Make some music... yes indeed that thought has crossed my mind many many many times! I'm having such a hard time giving myself permission to do anything other than "work". Even my forum attendance has dropped off sharply lately.

I need a patron. LOL

Thanks everyone, I'm sure it will be a great day no matter what I end up doing!

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-05-15, 05:33

You should go for a long hike in Purisima Creek Redwoods. It's a complete and under-appreciated gem and just over the hill from you. It's magic... 2nd growth Redwoods (I think they were initially logged 100 years ago). You can access it from Skyline Blvd or if you really want to be crazy you can drive over to Half Moon Bay then finish off the day with a romantic walk along the beach with the Misses.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-05-15, 14:21

Have a happy birthday.

At 40 you are definitely over the hill and it is all down from now on. Get to the gym, tone up the muscles. Then you can have some Californian wine just to relax. Forget forums and other annoying distractions.

It is my 90th in August. Not enough energy left to throw a party but hope someone will do it for me. Ten years ago it was a cinch. Hope your next forty years are as good as my 40 - 80 journey.
Old 2013-05-15, 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyggy View Post
At 40 you are definitely over the hill and it is all down from now on. Get to the gym, tone up the muscles. Then you can have some Californian wine just to relax. Forget forums and other annoying distractions.
LOL on that note I just recently purchased a recumbent exercise bike and turned my desk into a "riding desk" so literally as I type this, I'm pedaling at a very relaxed pace. Amazing how many easy calories I can burn now while I surf or work...

Quote:
It is my 90th in August.
Seriously?!? :shock: WOW. Most impressive if so! I tend to always assume the age range of these forums probably stops in the 60s, but perhaps not! Way to hang in there!

So far a pretty relaxed day. Got my free breakfast at Denny's and have been hunting for other freebies... it's surprising how many places don't really do that anymore.

Hey Props, how about a free RE on our birthday? LOL

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-05-16, 00:15

One of these:

Pair of dease:

One of these:

Bosh job done
Old 2013-05-16, 00:17

Yeah, wyggy, if you were trying to fake a premature 20 year old you could fool me I know a few 90 year old people who are as open as you but almost none who manage to communicate that in this way

I guess the thing you can be grateful for is a working mind and being there for your children for so long, I hear you talk proudly about your sons . My father died when I was about 25. This flimsy hull is something to complain about indeed
Old 2013-05-16, 00:17

Oh and an adornment:

Push the boat out:

Old 2013-05-16, 06:58

Wink

Quote:
Have a happy birthday.

It is my 90th in August. Not enough energy left to throw a party but hope someone will do it for me. Ten years ago it was a cinch. Hope your next forty years are as good as my 40 - 80 journey.
ok ok ok... this got me.... 90...? Using Reason ?... UM Wow... I know it's off topic, but what kind of music do you do ? I'm 49 in August... I did absolutely nothing for the big 40... or maybe I forgot what I did...
I'm S l o w l y losing my memory with age LOL...
Old 2013-05-16, 09:24

I just don't understand why I still want to be a boy of twelve. Anything of a technical challenge and I am up for it. I put Ubuntu on the second of the computers I have in my workroom yesterday. I had a ton of stuff on it that I collected five years ago. (I must have been 7 at the time). The Windows Vista operating system was just not good enough for a young 12 year old. What I shall be like at 40, I can't imagine.

It is all in the mind. Pleased to see you had a good day, VanKloot.
Old 2013-05-16, 17:32

Quote:
I just don't understand why I still want to be a boy of twelve. Anything of a technical challenge and I am up for it. I put Ubuntu on the second of the computers I have in my workroom yesterday. I had a ton of stuff on it that I collected five years ago. (I must have been 7 at the time). The Windows Vista operating system was just not good enough for a young 12 year old. What I shall be like at 40, I can't imagine.

It is all in the mind. Pleased to see you had a good day, VanKloot.
You sir are an inspiration to us all! I'm 52 today and am finally starting to feel like a grown-up. One day I'll be a man, I tell you. ;-)

Somehow I'm even more inspired to try/learn new things than I was in my younger years. Just spent the last year learning how to build Rack Extensions - talk about challenging my brain. Took up skiing full time about 6 years back. In many ways I'm more mentally and definitely more physically fit than I've ever been. Hope I'm still Reasoning @ 90 like you!!!

~Giles
USA