Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-16, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
It's plainly stated in Reason 7 system requirements that a fast Internet connection is required in order to install and register.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/new/faq/

That said, once you download and install - you can authorize one computer for offline use. I suggest you do that with your Reason 7 license. Take your computer to a WiFi cafe or public place if you have to. It's worth it.
I actually bought Reason 6.5 full version for students, but was given an upgrade version and a version for schools & institutions. I returned the wrong version and was now given Reason 7 after much waiting. The importer can no longer get Reason 6.5, which contained the actual software and an ignition key.

It's not possible to connect my music-production PC to the internet: It has no working network card, purely for safety reasons as I've had previous unlucky experiences with computer-viruses and trojans.

I think the way around this is to download the Reason demo from Propellerhead's website, and burn this demo to a DVD and install Reason via the DVD to my music-production PC. Though I do need an ignition key which I must activate trough a computer that's connected to the internet, but in the Reason 7 package there's no ignition key...

Though I can buy an ignition key for an additional 100USD+ (price+shipping+taxes), thats money I don't have until next month. And when I order the ignition key from Propellerhead, I must wait more weeks before it gets here, and when the ignition key finally gets here I must personally travel to the customs office on other side of town and declare it (In Norway there's tax/vat on anything over 40USD).

I wonder why on earth there is no ignition in key in the Reason 7 package? It was one in the 6.5 package...

Now I feel like giving up Reason, before I even got it working. It's not cool.

At best I'll probably have a working copy of Reason in 5-6 weeks...