Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-17, 03:31

Disable DSP for a song

I don't know if this is even possible but... it would be really useful to be able to completely disable all DSP processing for a song so a file can be open and not use any DSP.
Old 2013-05-17, 06:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterievo View Post
I don't know if this is even possible but... it would be really useful to be able to completely disable all DSP processing for a song so a file can be open and not use any DSP.
??? DSP is the calculations that play the song, disable it and no sound.

all you have to do to make this happen is delete all data in your song file - et voila, no more DSP.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-05-17, 09:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post

all you have to do to make this happen is delete all data in your song file - et voila, no more DSP.
I think maybe he talks about some feature to put all racks in bypass mode or maybe a function to pre-render some tracks reducing Digital Signal Processing computing on smaller CPU's.
Old 2013-05-17, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
Precisely...

You can reduce the DSP load by bypassing devices, however there is still significant DSP usage even when a song is not playing.

One scenario is performing live and loading a new track, the DSP can overload and cause audible glitches.
Old 2013-05-17, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterievo View Post
Precisely...

You can reduce the DSP load by bypassing devices, however there is still significant DSP usage even when a song is not playing.

One scenario is performing live and loading a new track, the DSP can overload and cause audible glitches.
For the app to do this you'd have to have the app NOT load anything and just display the graphics. The problem for live use is that you couldn't play the song until you actually DID load everything, and then you'd be using CPU. For example, in order to actually play the song, samples would have to be loaded, etc. And of course, this would then be using CPU… ;-(

So the only advantage would be that you could 'see' the song's graphics without loading the samples etc, but before you could actually 'hear' anything there would be a pause while the files actually loaded, probably defeating the whole purpose. That's how I understand it anyway. :-)
USA