Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-17, 02:08

Does Reason have a Rack for Vst's NO!

We all know about propellerheads RE technology but we also know that every software developer is not going to make all their instruments in RE format just to compensate for one DAW Platform R7, so propellerhead why don't you make a Rack for hosting vst's why not. I know this has been asked for many times in the past but again why not. I also think its a ripoff that when you buy a RE you don't get the VST, AU, RTAS format or vice versa like you would if you just bought the VST itself. I would not want to double by the same softsynth just for it to work in R7. So please everyone this would be great because if your favorite synth never make it to RE format then hopefully R7 will have a rack for your VST,AU,RTAS instrument. Would you all agree?
Old 2013-05-17, 02:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdo View Post
Would you all agree?
I dont agree sorry.
Old 2013-05-17, 02:44

This has been beaten to death on this forum and it's not going to happen from Props.
Can't we just block the word VST and get it over with?
Old 2013-05-17, 03:31

when you:
-buy a game for the PS3, do you get the PC version, too?
-buy a cassete on the flee market, will you be allowed to "buy" the MP3-version, too?
-write an algorithm in an imperative language, will it work as genetic program aswell? i tried
afaik, the Re standard provides some features which are hard, if not, impossible to realize as VST plugin.
its like asking your provider for your de-hashed password. its not a matter of "why", more of "how". dehashing is impossible due to its nature.
making a proper rack extension to adopt a VST seems like running an emulator - you have to pay a price for that: lack of features.

but i have to agree that maybe developers should be able to quickly test their VSTs in a rack extension, and (if they feel generous) make an update for all customers.
from Props' view i have to disagree - it would ruin their sales.

well, as newcomer iam not that deep into the matter, and maybe it shouldn't be my concern, but i can understand both points of view.
after all, its all about $$$. money speaks any language.
Old 2013-05-17, 10:39

I'm waiting for the technology that creates a digital hand that reaches out and slaps you everytime you start a thread about VSTs.
Old 2013-05-17, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCorza View Post
I'm waiting for the technology that creates a digital hand that reaches out and slaps you everytime you start a thread about VSTs.
Now there's a suggestion worth posting. ReSlap. It pops up when VSTs, politics, and religion are mentioned here. Also whales.
Old 2013-05-17, 20:00

Have patience in the RE format. The RE SDK will improve =)